Euro GBP USD convert charges for long cruise

My sister and I are cruising on IOS for 2 weeks in August and staying another week in London to sight see pre and post cruise.

I noticed on my Limo reservations and hotel accommodations VISA charged me to convert GBP to U.S.D.

Does anyone have some suggestions on what form of credit card, travelers checks and debit cards etc. I should use while over seas for a month?

The conversion charges on a 7 day cruise might not be so bad. However staying there and touring for a month could prove to be an expensive endeavor if everything I pay for gets charged a convert fee.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for those links. I am going to have to study them carefully. At a glance it looks like it could be confusing.

Has anyone used a credit car that they were happy with as far as converting charges go?

Capital One was perfect for me. They charge the interbank rate with absolutely no mark up. I think it is a marketing ploy for them, but it means no mark up at all to me.

I don't know if the card is a good deal for those who carry a balance. Although foreign purchases (restaurants, hotels, stores, etc.) have no mark up, a cash withdrawal from an ATM would incur massive fees.

Archived