Christmas Day 2008

PH

I wouldn't bank on it being a hive of tourism activity,to be honest!

Christmas Day, Good Friday and Easter are the three days of the year

when most commercial activity in these islands ..grinds pretty much to a halt

but you might find a few 'wayward' taxi drivers about, after lunch I should think.

Beaches will be open (beaches always are)

but the town and all shops will be very much shut, sorry.

Let's just say that.. "commercial activity will be minimal!"

• 4 months later...

i'm looking for more information on Christmas day in Grenada also...My family and I are just looking to grab a taxi to a beach we've gone to in the past and that's it. We don't care about shopping or restuarants this trip and we're wondering if it'll be difficult to get a taxi. I find it hard to believe there won't be any with such a large cruise ship coming into port, but still curious if any one has been to Grenada on Christmas before.

Any info would help! :D

• 4 weeks later...
I will be there Christmas Day. Is there anything to do that day? Will I be able to get a tour or a taxie to the beach? PH

Wll also be in Grenada on Christmas day. Anxious to find out whether taxi's will be operating, as I need to get to the other end of the island to spend the day with my parents!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I went to the tourist Bureau web site for Grenada, and emailed them. They wrote back and said that the shops in the cruise terminal (which sounds nice) will be open on Christmas Day, and that there will be taxis available for tours, etc. I noticed that some of the shore excursions for that day are not available. They were the snorkel and dive trips. We should be able to find something to do, but I wish everything were open so that we could experience the normal activities of the Island. :( We will have funny, anyway!:)

Julie

Archived