Cozumel ideas...need help

hawkshoe

We hired a guide for 6 hours in Cozumel. We are planning to start our day by going to the San Gervasio Ruins. Other than that, we don't have any plans. Can anyone recommend any must see things to do in Cozumel. We are a group of 14, ages 6-76.

We hired a guide for 6 hours in Cozumel. We are planning to start our day by going to the San Gervasio Ruins. Other than that, we don't have any plans. Can anyone recommend any must see things to do in Cozumel. We are a group of 14, ages 6-76.

Hi! How did you find your guide? Thanks!

Hi! How did you find your guide? Thanks!

We found ours here: http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelIslandTours.htm

Hired the driver for four hours. We had him pick us up at Paradise Beach (we spent a few hours there first), then had him drive us around the east side of the island, stopped at El Mirador, Senor Iguanas for a beer (or two), then to the Tequila factory. We still had time and some in our group wanted to shop, some wanted to go back to the ship. Our driver dropped us for shopping, took the others back, and met us at a prearranged time and place for transport back to the ship. Well worth the $25 per person!

We found ours here: http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelIslandTours.htm

Hired the driver for four hours. We had him pick us up at Paradise Beach (we spent a few hours there first), then had him drive us around the east side of the island, stopped at El Mirador, Senor Iguanas for a beer (or two), then to the Tequila factory. We still had time and some in our group wanted to shop, some wanted to go back to the ship. Our driver dropped us for shopping, took the others back, and met us at a prearranged time and place for transport back to the ship. Well worth the $25 per person!

I am really bad at tipping. May I ask approx how much you should tip a guide like that for 4 hrs' time? I'm clueless & don't want to offend people, LOL!

Thanks.

I tipped him at least $25....can't remember for sure because we had split up and the guys were back on ship. My DH usually does the tipping and between the ladies shopping I think that is what we decided on.

Thanks so much!

Is their a minimum amount of people that have to book this for the rate to be $25/pp? On our cruise, its going to be just me and my BF. Do you happen to know if the price would be more?

Is their a minimum amount of people that have to book this for the rate to be $25/pp? On our cruise, its going to be just me and my BF. Do you happen to know if the price would be more?

Yes, that is the group rate. I did contact them after I also read the other post. I was so excited. They returned their pricing to me. We have 6 in our family. For 4 hours it would have been WAY more than $25/person & same for the 6 hour tour. I can't remember but it was something like $48/person OR SO! For our family of 6 we're better off just renting a van.

Archived