Caribbean Princess Review 5-4/5-8

dfishner

We just returned home from our 4 day cruise on the CB. This was our first time on Princess we have sailed RCL mainly and was so interested in trying Princess when this sailing became available. So here is my review of the CB.

We arrived at the Pier at 11:00 and they started to board at noon very quick. We liked that they had water and orange juice available while waiting. That was a nice touch.

Once aboard we quickly made our way to Sabatinis to make reservations for Monday night dinner. We also made reservations for the Chef's table at the same time. Will get back to those two a little later on.

We dropped off our bags in the cabin we were on the Baja deck cabin number 706 great location by the elevators. Our room was nice had good draw space as well as good closet space. I really like the balcony with those mesh chairs very comfortable.

We went to lunch in one of the dining rooms and had a good meal there, after lunch we decided to explore the ship. My impression of the ship and have read this before was that it was understated elegance and would have to agree. Wood tones and brass all over. Had none of the wildness of Carnival and none of the glitz of Royal.

Our first morning we went to the Horizon court and all I can say about that was what were they thinking when they designed it, it had the worse flow I ever seen, people were coming from every direction and found you had to back track quite a bit. It had to be the worse experience on any ship I ever seen. We actually dreaded going up there after that.

Formal night was on Monday and we had reservations at Sabatinis all I can say about this restaurant is awesome for food and service our waiter Vlad was great and the food was incredible. It was one of the highlights of our cruise. It was one of the better speciality restaurants we've been to. Expect to spend two hours plus there. It is an 8 course meal and there is no way you can finish all they offer.

The next day we arrived at Turk, the ship was only there until 1:30 and to be honest there is not much to do there but shop. We wandered around and came back to the ship. We had a light bite on board ship. And got ready for the Chef's dinner.....need to thank those on Cruise Critic about the Chef's Table it was well worth the experience. Between the galley tour, appetizers and champagne in the back of the kitchen. The dinner itself it the dining room, able to talk with the Executive Chef what a great guy. The dinner itself was incredible and giving us all a cookbook was a great touch.

Entertainment was a mixed bag. We really enjoyed Sarge very funny and talented. Piano Man was also very good. The entertainment in the lounges were so-so in our opinion.

Muts was great and really enjoyed it.

Tendering to Princess Cay was the most orgainzed I ever seen it beat every other cruise ship we have been on.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

We have sailed mainly Royal so it is hard not to compare the two.

What we liked about Princess was the speciality restaurant, chef's Table, our cabin, the tendering process to Princess Cay.

What we did not like was the Horizon Court, lounge entertainment and we did miss the glitz of Royal.

I did find that both are more similar then different with each having their strenghts and weakness.

We enjoyed our cruise on Princess and would sail her again.

Archived