Electirical outlets?

We are on the Serenade in a D1 balcony cabin. How many outlets are there in the cabin and where are they located? Just trying to figure out if I need to bring an extension cord.

Thanks,

ejhall

bring an extension cord. i can't say for sure how many outlets there are because i can't remember if there are any in the bathroom, but the vanity only has 2 outlets, so if you are wanting to charge anything, use a hairdryer, or anything at the same time, you will definitely need one. i always bring one and it makes life so much easier:)

The outlet is located over the vanity--there are 2 plugs. The only time we've ever needed an extension cord was for a heating pad hubby needed (so he could reach the chair or bed!) Other than that issue, the plugs are fine for hairdryer and curlers!

Probably a woman who said the "plugs are fine"

Yeah for them! They own them, for the hair dryer and the curling iron!!!

How do you then plug in th CD player for Jimmy Buffet? Yeah, Answer me that!!!

LOL

Power strip...that way while the lady in your life is monopolizing the outlets, you have access too!!!!

We haven't taken an extension cord yet. We do have a small power strip in our carry on, it stays in there for all travel. Most of the time the 2 plugs are enough for us, anything that needs charging we do overnight. I don't use a curling iron and DH doesn't use an electric shaver. Once in a while we have more than 2 itmes that need charging and that is when the power strip comes in handy.

Our DVD/CD player is battery charged, no need for a plug, we take extra camera batteries, if we remember the alarm clock it is also battery powered. We leave the laptop at home and the cell phone is fully charged at home, then turned off and only used for emergency calls or the occasional call home.

So, I think it depends on what your own personal needs are.

:cool: I never met you but .... I like your style TexasMunk. - Amen :)

Probably a woman who said the "plugs are fine"

Yeah for them! They own them, for the hair dryer and the curling iron!!!

How do you then plug in th CD player for Jimmy Buffet? Yeah, Answer me that!!!

LOL

Power strip...that way while the lady in your life is monopolizing the outlets, you have access too!!!!

Bring an extension cord as a standard item for pretty much every cruise ship cabin because there us usually only one outlet in the room. So, if you might want an outlet near the bed or in another area of the cabin -- such as for a heating pad, or (in my case) for a Cpap machine I use when sleeping for sleep apnea. The cord simply lets you extend the outlet to other areas of the cabin for any reason you might have.

David

Figure on a regular household 15 foot extension cord. I use mine for my cpap also and then during the day I can unplug it and easily stow it under the bed. Keeps traffic area clear during that time. The first time I cruised with my machine I was unpacking it when the room sterward was there making his introductions. He asked if an extension cord was needed, but I had already brought my own. A 15 foot will reach most of the area you might want it, but if you want to listern to Jimmy Buffet on the balcony you might want a longer cord.

IMHO, an extension cord/power strip is not necessary, and it's just excess weight. No matter where I go, I haul along the following:

Digital camera/charger

Cell phone/charger (2 of each, wifey's and mine)

PDA/charger

iPod/charger

Laptop/charger

GPS/charger

Razor/charger

I think that's it. Never had any problems with the outlets available.

Good grief, how did we ever manage before having all this crap?

BTW, when I'm KING, it shall be decreed that all electronics must be charged with ONE, and ONLY one, charger. One will work for all.:rolleyes:

Archived