Mini Suite Perks on Princess

gomoccs1

Could someone tell me the perks for the mini-suites on Princess? I was in a full suite my last cruise and the perks were wonderful! I have heard that not all perks are included in the mini-suites. Could someone help?

Actually, almost none of the full suite perks are available to those in a mini suite.

A glass of champagne when you enter your stateroom is about the only one I can think of off hand as an added perk.

But here is the entire list from the Princess website:

Luxury mattresses

Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

Luxury towels

Glass of champagne at embarkation

Upgraded bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion)

Not unless you have Elite Status in the Captain's Circle (over 15 cruises with PCL). Mini suites are mainly just a larger stateroom, and they have taken away most of the little goodies we used to get with them. :(

And just a little FYI, no full room service is offered in mini suites either. Which means continental breakfast only and sandwiches and salads from room service. Full suites are the only category that are given an expanded room service offering. :(

Yep, been there done that. It really is a shock when all those extras are no longer available to you.

BUT, look at it this way, for the money you are saving, you can order all sorts of things to make the experience just about as nice, like the balcony dinner, or breakfast, flowers, send the laundry out, yadda yadda yadda, and you will still probably come out a few thousand ahead booking the mini over the full suite.

I agree though, those suite perks on Princess sure are nice.

It protects THEIR fluffy duvet.:D

Actually, the luggage protector doesn't have a thing to do with the duvet as when you arrive at your stateroom, the bedspread is on the bed. They don't put the duvet on until they make up the rooms in the evening. ;)

Actually, the luggage protector doesn't have a thing to do with the duvet as when you arrive at your stateroom, the bedspread is on the bed. They don't put the duvet on until they make up the rooms in the evening. ;)

And once they take off that yucky spread, I make them leave it off for the duration.

Pia

Actually, almost none of the full suite perks are available to those in a mini suite.

A glass of champagne when you enter your stateroom is about the only one I can think of off hand as an added perk.

But here is the entire list from the Princess website:

Luxury mattresses

Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

Luxury towels

Glass of champagne at embarkation

Upgraded bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion)

I not only got a glass of champagne but our room steward left me the whole bottle. That was a nice way to start our vacation!!

dont you get a bathroob with mini suites? i really feel that princess needs to upgrade the service for mini suites.. its still a "suite" its like princess grill on cunard! atg which you get extras eg: better dinning, personal service etc. stop being tight princess!! :p

dont you get a bathroob with mini suites? i really feel that princess needs to upgrade the service for mini suites.. its still a "suite" its like princess grill on cunard! atg which you get extras eg: better dinning, personal service etc. stop being tight princess!! :p

Each stateroom category will have a robe for their use onboard. Whether it be a full suite, mini or inside stateroom. This is not a perk for different category staterooms. Only difference in robes is that full suites receive a heavier, nicer one from the others.

Then it must be to protect their bedspread. I know this is why the Hotels use them. That and because people hop on the bed to test it without takeing their shoes off when they first arrive.:D

Then it must be to protect their bedspread. I know this is why the Hotels use them. That and because people hop on the bed to test it without takeing their shoes off when they first arrive.:D

Can't imagine why they need to protect those scuzzy spreads. First thing I do is get rid of it. YUK!

I not only got a glass of champagne but our room steward left me the whole bottle. That was a nice way to start our vacation!!

Unless it's the gosh-awful house champagne that they serve at the Champagne Waterfall....that stuff will kill you!! :eek: :D

stop being tight princess!! :p

Mini-suites appear to be a good deal: You get quite a bit more space, a tub, and a more attractively designed space than a regular balcony cabin for not much more money. I don't think it's a bit tight of Princess to limit amenities.

My next cruise is on the Princess Ruby in a mini-suite. I'd rather be cruising on the Silver Whisper (which I've done), but an equivalent suite--even at substantial discount--would cost me twice as much. Of course, I'd get a lot more amenities on Silversea, but I'd sure as heck be paying for them. I'm looking forward to my first Princess cruise.

--Rich

Can't imagine why they need to protect those scuzzy spreads. First thing I do is get rid of it. YUK!

Then they store the spreads UNDER the bed!! I get rid of mine ASAP.

Archived