Alaska on SS Mariner - May 16

texan27

While I have not been on the Alaska cruise, the boards seem a bit quiet this weekend -- you have only a few days to go so I thought I would post a suggestion.

We will be on the same cruise -- a few others from CC as well (see roll call -- all other cruises and then the date). If you check out "Ports" - "Alaska" -- you'll get feedback on some of the excursions.:)

Hi Tavelcat2 - Hoping you have a most purrrrrfect vacation!!!. If you have time during the cruise, could you let me know how Latitudes/Signatures was. I posted awhile back "? on Latitudes". Just would love to hear about the menu, etc. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reviews of any kind are so helpful and informative.

Hi Tavelcat2 - Hoping you have a most purrrrrfect vacation!!!. If you have time during the cruise, could you let me know how Latitudes/Signatures was. I posted awhile back "? on Latitudes". Just would love to hear about the menu, etc. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reviews of any kind are so helpful and informative.

"Cattravel10" -- we don't leave on the cruise until Friday (the 16th). Will definitely let you know what our experiences are in Latitudes and Signatures (doing Signatures the first night). although Alaska was never on our list of places to see, we are quite excited to go on this cruise. We'll be meeting with other people from CC (and other boards).

Currently getting ready -- packing, etc. Cats very aware of what is going on -- hope that they don't end up packed in our suitcases:D

Thanks for your post. Stay tuned!

Hi

We did this cruise in 2004. In Juneau we pre-booked a whale watching excursion with "Captain Larry" - I don't have the coordinates anymore, but you can Google his tour company. It was wonderful (aside from a young tour guide cracking silly jokes!) The whale watching was fantastic and we saw seals, sea lions and orcas as well!! Well worth it. Do it!

Travelcat2 - Thanks for the info - Maybe we'll see you on board. We tend to favor the Mariner Lounge pre-dinner and the Observation Lounge for a night cap.

We plan to spend a day in Vancouver and then drive to Seattle for our flight home on the 28th. I see you're from Bellingham. How long does it take to make the drive from Vancouver to Seattle? We were once in Bellingham to visit a client at the local College. Beautiful area.

Travelcat2 - Thanks for the info - Maybe we'll see you on board. We tend to favor the Mariner Lounge pre-dinner and the Observation Lounge for a night cap.

We plan to spend a day in Vancouver and then drive to Seattle for our flight home on the 28th. I see you're from Bellingham. How long does it take to make the drive from Vancouver to Seattle? We were once in Bellingham to visit a client at the local College. Beautiful area.

If traffic is fairly light (:confused: ) it could be a 2 1/2 hour drive (lots of traffic in Everett). You will need to allow some time at the border -- this is unpredictable -- could take 15 minutes or an hour.

This is our first Mariner sailing -- from what I can tell (on the deck maps), we'll probably be in the Mariner Lounge more than the others. . .

Have a safe trip to San Francisco!

Archived