Century 14th Feb 2009

teddytubby

My wife & I have booked this cruise for her big five o. It is our first time with Celebrity and the Caribbean.

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean in the Med several times. What differences can we expect?

Number one difference is service. Number two is quality of the food.

RCL really is a family line in my opinion and Celebrity really stands out dealing with ...well...adults. From carrying your tray in the buffet line to offering sherbet by the pool deck and welcoming you back to the ship with a cold drink and wet cloth after being in the heat after an island visit.......there is no comparsion. Celebrity is definetly a step above.

Enjoy!!!

brockmom

From carrying your tray in the buffet line to offering sherbet by the pool deck and welcoming you back to the ship with a cold drink and wet cloth after being in the heat after an island visit.......there is no comparsion. Celebrity is definetly a step above.

Enjoy!!!

brockmom

Well, I did this exact cruise (Feb 18, 2008) and there was no offer to carry any trays in the buffet, no sherbert by the pool, and no drinks while waiting for our tender in Grand Cayman (they ran out by 3:30pm anyway for our 5:00pm departure). Just fyi only.

Thanks for info. We're really looking forward to be pampered by Celebrity although we've always been well looked after by RCL.

Jade what was the weather like on that cruise and did you do any excursions.

We are stopping for 1 night pre & post cruise in Miami probably in a decent airport hotel.

Anyone have any suggestions for Miami post cruise. Our travel agent informed us that there is a large shopping mall near to airport which is worth a visit.

Thanks...Ted

Thanks for info. We're really looking forward to be pampered by Celebrity although we've always been well looked after by RCL.

Jade what was the weather like on that cruise and did you do any excursions.

We are stopping for 1 night pre & post cruise in Miami probably in a decent airport hotel.

Anyone have any suggestions for Miami post cruise. Our travel agent informed us that there is a large shopping mall near to airport which is worth a visit.

Thanks...Ted

Ted,

The weather was great and we did do Celebritys tour to Stingray City in grand Cayman (first one) and it was well organized. We also went one day early and I recommend the Embassy Suites in Miami (airport is around the corner). It is a nice hotel and Managers reception and full breakfast is included.

Ted....you will love Celebrity and the Century is a wonderfully comfortable ship! It's my favorite line because it is so gracious. We're on the same cruise (2/14) and will look forward to wishing your wife a very happy 50!

If you are interested in Stingray City and snorkeling, there are a couple private operators that we use every year and I'll give you the names. We found them to be a much better value than the ship's tour.

kim

Hi

Thanks for that Jade, I've had a look at Embassy Suites & they are very nice. I've had a word with my TA & they normally try to book into Sofitel Hotel so I'm spoilt for choice.

Kim, we look forward to meeting you on the cruise. I tried to start a roll call last week but uptil now no replies although I havnt checked last few days.

I checked with Celebrity & they do not appear to organise a connections party for less than a 7 day cruise but that doesnt mean passengers cannot organise their own.

We are interested in a private excursion to Stingray City although I'm not the greatest of swimmers for snorkelling but my wife loves it, so I would watch & then she could tell me all about it afterwards. I had looked at Dunns Falls for an excursion which also looks fun.

Keep in touch.............Ted

Hi

Thanks for that Jade, I've had a look at Embassy Suites & they are very nice. I've had a word with my TA & they normally try to book into Sofitel Hotel so I'm spoilt for choice.

Kim, we look forward to meeting you on the cruise. I tried to start a roll call last week but uptil now no replies although I havnt checked last few days.

I checked with Celebrity & they do not appear to organise a connections party for less than a 7 day cruise but that doesnt mean passengers cannot organise their own.

We are interested in a private excursion to Stingray City although I'm not the greatest of swimmers for snorkelling but my wife loves it, so I would watch & then she could tell me all about it afterwards. I had looked at Dunns Falls for an excursion which also looks fun.

Keep in touch.............Ted

The Embasy worked well as we brought my teenage stepdaughter and her friend, so we had two rooms (they slept on the pull-out couch) and breakfast was for all 4. Also, in Stingray City you can stand up. Water is maybe 3 feet.

Thanks Jade I wont drown in 3ft lol.

I can swim a little but tend to try to stay within my depth. Have you been to Dunns Falls? I've seen that excursion on TV & it looks good fun. Our other port of call is Jamaica, any good excursions?

Archived