Did the Grandeur make it back from Bermuda?

God forbid that you do get seasick but if you do-don't hesitate to go to the ship's doc to get a shot that will knock it right out of you. I was very,very sick several years ago when we ended up going through a hurricane coming back from Bermuda and I don't know why I didn't do that. I have never been so sick. I didn't take the medicine in time and when I did take it I was already sick and I think I took too much. I thought I was gonna die! I still can't believe that I didn't even think of seeing the doc on board (and neither did any of my family.) I know it's expensive but at that point I would have paid any amount to feel better. I think the shot knocks you out for a few hours but then you feel much better.

Since then I always take Bonine starting the day before we leave and I take it every day while at sea. Have been fine since!

FloridaFan...Mal de mare is no fun at all! :eek: It's not easy being GREEN! I've done Grandeur out of Baltimore 4 times and it seems that the bad time is the second day, after you leave the shelter of the bay and hit the northern Atlantic. It never seemed particularly rocky but guess my body thought otherwise. Better a little preventive medicine than having to be GREEN again! :D Hope it works as well for you. ;)

Archived