Liberty Western Formal Nights

Can someone who has recently sailed on the Liberty on the Western itinerary tell me when the formal nights are? It looks like it is Day Two, Sunday and Day 4, Wednesday. Is that right? I leave in 2 weeks and would like to plan my Chops and Portofino nights. Also, are there any other dinners that are particularly good that we should plan around?

Thank you for your help.

Barb

yes, they are on Sunday (sea day) and Wed (Cayman Islands). We thought all the dinners were really good. Wed night was the Fisherman's plate night with the shrimp/lobster, but DH had great seafood every night. They do Wed night as formal b/c Thursday you are in Cozumel and it is a later time to get back on the ship.

Enjoy, we loved LOS, she is so gorgeous and in many places on the ship, she still has that "new" smell. Staff is fantastic.

Make sure if they have it you go and see "Abbacaddabra". Best show we have ever seen. They look, talk, sign like Abba. Fantastic show.

Of course, don't miss Quest!

Great, that's what I thought. We were on the Liberty in May, 2007 for the Eastern. I am glad to hear that it still feels new, it was brand new then; only the 2nd Caribbean cruise.

Other than the formal night dinners, were there any other dinners that stood out in your mind?

We love all of the shows and always go, especially the ice show.

Thanks.

Great, that's what I thought. We were on the Liberty in May, 2007 for the Eastern. I am glad to hear that it still feels new, it was brand new then; only the 2nd Caribbean cruise.

Other than the formal night dinners, were there any other dinners that stood out in your mind?

We love all of the shows and always go, especially the ice show.

Thanks.

The ice show was great. We were on LOS last May for the 2 night Pre-Inaugural, so were really excited to go again. We are booking another cruise on her next weekend for April 2010. She is changing routes and going to Belize and Costa Maya instead of Jamaica and Labadee, so we want to try that.

Can't really say any one night stood out for the food. I eat pretty much veggie, but DH had a ton of different seafood. For some reason, I think he really enjoyed Thursday night's dinner alot, but cannot remember what he had. I just know he never was disappointed in anything he ordered.

Thanks for the info. Lunch is over. Have to go back to work to make the money to pay for my cruises! I'll check in on this thread later to see if anybody else has any info about dinner menus for the non-formal nights. Is there such a term?

Barb

yes, they are on Sunday (sea day) and Wed (Cayman Islands). We thought all the dinners were really good. Wed night was the Fisherman's plate night with the shrimp/lobster, but DH had great seafood every night. They do Wed night as formal b/c Thursday you are in Cozumel and it is a later time to get back on the ship.

Enjoy, we loved LOS, she is so gorgeous and in many places on the ship, she still has that "new" smell. Staff is fantastic.

Make sure if they have it you go and see "Abbacaddabra". Best show we have ever seen. They look, talk, sign like Abba. Fantastic show.

Of course, don't miss Quest!

I hope the information about Abbacaddabra holds true for when we go in October. We were told this group was supposed to be on the Adventure in March when we went, but when we got on the ship it was BeatleMania (which was excellent as well). I am a big Abba fan, so having them on our cruise would be terrific.

Maybe a dumb question, but did they have Caribbean band (with steel druns) playing poolside on Liberty? This is something I always look forward to, and on one cruise (not RCI) they didn't have this and it really took something away from a 'caribbean cruise'.

I hope the information about Abbacaddabra holds true for when we go in October. We were told this group was supposed to be on the Adventure in March when we went, but when we got on the ship it was BeatleMania (which was excellent as well). I am a big Abba fan, so having them on our cruise would be terrific.

Maybe a dumb question, but did they have Caribbean band (with steel druns) playing poolside on Liberty? This is something I always look forward to, and on one cruise (not RCI) they didn't have this and it really took something away from a 'caribbean cruise'.

Yes, they did have a Caribbean band playing poolside. Not lots of time, but they did play on both sea days. They were very good. They did not play the first day before sailaway, but did play both Sunday and Friday while we were at sea. Love listening to that.

Archived