Celebrity actually wrote me

MsDee23

This is related to the cruise I took last month- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=765430

Upon receiving that End of the Cruise Questionnaire, not only did I fill out every thing, but I also left a detailed note which was a summarization of the above thread. (When I mean detail I mean I wrote all over the back of the questionnaire.) I did it primarily because I'm obnoxious and if there was the slightest chance by some miracle they did read it, that they were made aware of certain things.

Well to much my surprise I actually received a response from them earlier this week in the form of a 2 page letter. I was quite impressed that it wasn't one of those cut and paste letters that they actually took the time to address each item I had mentioned in my questionnaire and assuring me the proper department would be notified of its faults as well as its positives.

It ended with the generic we look forward to welcoming you and (the name of my S.O.) back on board.

All in all I really did appreciate it, was impressed they actually got back to me with in a month's time.

Wow. I wrote to Dan Hanrahan after our Nov/o7 cruise on Constellation. Like you, I was very detailed in what I liked and disliked. I heard nothing back, until March; by that time, we were away from home again, and, Ms. Faye Miles, a member of Executive Guest Relations left two messages on our answering machine. I was rather pleased, and promptly phoned back, and left a message on her answering machine....and did it again over the next two weeks, twice more. To date, she has never gotten back to me. I have no idea what she wanted to say to me....:confused:

One wonders.....why did she even bother in the first place?

while i would prefer not have written to mr hanrahan. i have on 3 occasions. obviously to let him know a few things (wonder if he actually reads his mail?). in each case i received a reasonably (within a month)prompt response. in each case we were provided with future cruise credits varying from $1000 to $ 5200.

i am surprised the op did not say whether ALL the charges were credited back? i am sure they were.

as i say, i would prefer to not write dan but, i also think i should receive what i have paid for. my experience is that x frequently falls short of their promises. the staff does try but i think there is a lack of training, follow up and, committment to excellence.

having said this we have enjoyed all of our cruises with x despite the inconveniences we have experienced and we continue to buy their product. perhaps we should think on this?

while i would prefer not have written to mr hanrahan. i have on 3 occasions. obviously to let him know a few things (wonder if he actually reads his mail?). in each case i received a reasonably (within a month)prompt response. in each case we were provided with future cruise credits varying from $1000 to $ 5200.

You seriously received this much? Did you actually ask for a refund or a credit? I wrote a very long letter. I did not ask for anything but did not receive any credit either.

yes, i absolutely did. it was reasonable in the circumsatances. 3 yrs ago we on mille in the med in a RS and toilet did not work for about 6 days not to mention other minor difficulties with the room. they gave us $5200 in fcc and i think in retrospect it was reasonably fair but still dont know why they would hav a room with a non functioning toilet. very inconvenient to say the least. and what about the prior pax? the toilet did not work when we boarded the ship!!

last year,in a CS, the tv in living room was not working for numerous days,and since all i do on sea days is watch tv,i was quite annoyed. we were on the ship for 28 days and they finally replaced the tv after about 8-9 days, i forget. but anyway it should have been working all the time. was quite annoying so i hada chat with hotel director, he gave us a bottle of wine but that didnt make tv work. after a few converstions i finally toldem to giv us tv from captains suite, after all we were paying he wasnt. we FINALLY had tv replaced but i was annoyed so i told dan about it and we received $1200 in fcc.

like i said we enjoyed the cruises despite the difficulties BUT i do like to get what we pay for and really do wish i didnt have to complain to get it, we are on a holiday. i know things can go wrong and am prepared to deal with them but, in my mind non functioning toilets and tv's are simply not acceptable.

by the way, i did not ask dan for anything, i simply told dan what i thought about the particular situations and included a few quotes from the x published material.

Archived