Last minute air and cruise?

patches12

Hi all! I finally get to go on a cruise and oil prices go through the roof! :) I have to get the best price on air fare for 3 people. I may need neck surgery late in May; won't know until tomorrow. Anyway, we couldn't sign up for flights or a cruise because we thought we might need to cancel.

So, my question is....Is it possible to find a cruise with decent airfare at the last minute? Really last minute? (Ages 51-55, interliner rate, retired military, teacher, Oklahoma...)

I do not have access to high-speed internet and my dial-up is really slow. I have been watching the sites that I know of, but I am new at this and don't know many web sites. Originally we wanted to go to Rome on Carnival Freedom, but that one is sold out now. I think we will try the Caribbean. Never been anywhere, so I am up for suggestions!

We can fly non-revenue, but there are seldom flights for non-revenue any more. I will take any suggestions anyone has...cruise or air flights....

Thanks for your help.

Patti

Which airport do you prefer to fly from? Do you have an itinary in mind that you might like to do? Do you have passports? they are not required for cruising in the Caribbean but since you do have medical issues, it would give peace of mind if you did end up needing to fly home from a one of your ports because of your medical issues.Which I sincerely hope would never happen to you !!

I usually fly out of Tulsa, but I may be able to non-rev to either DFW or Chicago. If I have surgery, I won't be going anywhere! I just want to be ready to find something this week. Here's hoping for no surgery!

I really don't care where I go. I just want to get away with my husband and 24 year old daughter (graduation present for her). Relaxation is the main reason, some sightseeing & shopping. We all have passports.

Thanks,

Patches12

If you can stand the drive, I would suggest driving to Galveston and taking the Conquest or the Ecstasy (Carnival). They have rooms available in June at about $900 each. This is high season for them, but they often have Military discounts available. Contact a Travel Agent and see what they can find for you. One note buy travel insurance that will cover you. Driving with three people would be cheaper than flying and is about 12 hour drive (this is a guess I didn't check mapquest).

Archived