Roll Call: Spirit June 28th Venice to Rome

Grace Smith

• 3 weeks later...

:) :) I checked the Seabourn website tonight and we finally have a Suite Assignment! It was definitely worth the wait. We received

an awesome upgrade to Suite 322............Deck 6!

Thank you, Eric! :D

I'll report back about the service in the Club.

Grace

Great suite assignment. I did this itinerary 3 years ago and LOVED it and I am sure you will too. Venice is soooo wonderful. I hope you are going in a day or two early to just wander the streets of Venice. Actually if you are not, you can drop your bags at the ship and then walk into town following the signs for San Marco (you cross lots of bridges).

Bon voyage

Granny & Cruisr,

You should talk about envy:D . I want to be you in a few years, Granny!

I am arriving in Venice on the morning of the 26th and staying in the Westin Europa & Regina for a couple of days (Amex Points). We'll probably spend one day with our nephew & his family in Vicenza. It's been a few (like 30) years since I was in Venice last! My first time was when I was 16 and we experienced the "agua alta" SP?:eek: Wading in two feet of water on St. Marks Square was magical when you're 16.

I can't wait to board the Seabourn Spirit. I will do my best to give an impartial review with photos when I return.

Any advice regarding travelling from the airport to our hotel in Venice, Tours & Restaurants on the 7 day itinerary would be helpful.

Venice-Hvar-Dubrovnik-Siracusa-Lipari-Sorrento-Rome

Meanwhile, I'm very happy to know where my Room will be. I was ecstatic to be on Deck 4, let alone Deck 6, just so long as I'm travelling on Seabourn.:)

I still have OVER a year before I sail again! :( A balcony in the area you are sailing will be great.......good for early morning photos too...without having to get dressed!! I wish Id had a balcony when we were approaching The Horn......nah they would would have locked us in....still wouldnt have managed any decent pics....I did use the balcony a lot for "pirate watching" on our first cruise though! :D

Granny,

Don't be so pessimistic, maybe you'll win the Yachting Suitestakes and be on the Odyssey in December!

I was in Room 315 (w/balcony) last year for 14 days, and yes that would be fabulous! Just to be able to let in the sea breeze.

I'm still ecstatic with 322. I did only book the A Gty. It 's quite a nice upgrade.

As I recall, I didn't spend much time in the room last summer. Also, I thought I would leave the Door open at night to get the fresh air, but it's noisy out there and the ship is lit up like a Christmas Tree! So that didn't work.

I hope you win Granny! With you, we all get to live vicariously through your adventures. Are you an author? You could be. You're very entertaining.:D

Magic Man,

Have a great time! Please give us a report when you get back. We'll compare notes.

Best Regards to all,

Grace;)

Granny & Cruisr,

I am arriving in Venice on the morning of the 26th and staying in the Westin Europa & Regina for a couple of days (Amex Points).

The Europa & Regina is a wonderful hotel!

We were there several years ago when it was a Luxury Sheraton.

396350157_544bcb0bb5.jpg

Very Venetian style!

396350129_89989ea522.jpg

A separate dressing room with huge bathroom ajoining

396350095_7264d3cb96.jpg

Me - before the grey set in!

256145203_9f799e4400_b.jpg

The view from the other side of the Grand Canal to the hotel. Note the proximity to San Marco (the Campanile on the right).

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve,

Would you be inclined to spring for a water taxi or is the alilaguna stop on Saint Marks Square close enough to walk?

Grace

Grace,

We arrived by train and then took the Vaporetto. It was a little far to walk, especially with the amount of luggage we now take on cruises! Still we were a little younger then!

I would suggest springing for the water taxi. I imagine arriving at the Hotel's own landing would be rather special.

Cheers,

Steve.

ok...whats this Yachting Suitestakes, and who do I have to pay to win?? I am just very busy trying to win the Lottery here, and failing miserably every week.....hey 4 blokes from Melbourne just won the biggie...maybe that was Cands and a couple of mates?

moi an author? :eek: nah...only things I have ever written are my travel journals...and only I have read those!

I am just very busy trying to win the Lottery here, and failing miserably every week.....hey 4 blokes from Melbourne just won the biggie...maybe that was Cands and a couple of mates?

Alas, Lorraine no, not us, but it certainly did get our attention! 58.7 million dollars (that's USD55 million), and in Australia its tax free!!

Hi, Cands!

Thanks, I was afraid of that!

Would that be your same advice from the Hotel to the Ship?

Grace:)

Hi Grace,

Sorry, don't have any experience in boarding ships in Venice.

Anyone else?????

Steve.

Hi, Cands!

Thanks, I was afraid of that!

Would that be your same advice from the Hotel to the Ship?

Hi Grace

You have two choices in getting from your hotel to the ship, either walk, but there are a few bridges to cross and not easy with luggage etc, or take the water taxi which is the easiest as it pulls up right by the ship and there are usually porters there to take your luggage etc, much less stressful option.

I would definately take the water taxi, it is only a couple of minutes away to the ship, the other thing I forgot is that to walk through Venice on a Saturday afternoon with your cruise luggage would not be a good idea:)

enjoy your cruise I did the same cruise in September 07 and the sail out is fab

deb

Hi Grace

You have two choices in getting from your hotel to the ship, either walk, but there are a few bridges to cross and not easy with luggage etc, or take the water taxi which is the easiest as it pulls up right by the ship and there are usually porters there to take your luggage etc, much less stressful option.

deb

We will also be taking a cruise on Seabourn out of Venice this year.

Is the San Basilio public vaporetto stop (no. 82) very close to where the ship docks? We are hoping to use this from St. Mark's Square rather than a private water taxi.

Any info much appreciated.:)

Many thanks.

Sue

Sue

I know there is a water Vaporetto stop a couple of minutes walk from the where the ship is docked as long as you don't have too much luggage and you can carry it over the bridge etc then you should be ok, I assume that the boat number 82 stops there, but not sure, if you have more than one case each i would definately get a water taxi as Venice will no doubt be heaving with people

Grace

yes well thanks

The only tour I did on your cruise was Hercelanum (trying to remember how to spell it!!!!), everywhere else just got off and mooched about, all the ports are very accessible with the exception of Siracusa.

I'm on the Pride for two weeks 28th June doing the Norwegian Fjords so trying to work out what to pack as it goes way beyond the Artic Circle and the Northern most place in Europe, feeling very envious of you being able to enjoy hot sunshine

deb

ok...whats this Yachting Suitestakes, and who do I have to pay to win??

Hi Granny Lorr,

You need to open your Seabourn Mail (or is this just a US mailing?:eek: ) - there is a suitestakes aka sweepstakes going on where you can enter to win a FREE Odyssey cruise. You simply have to give Seabourn the names and email addresses of three friends you think would love to cruise (OK, that's EASY!!! Who WOULDN'T love to cruise on SB???:D ) and you are entered into the drawing.

You can go to http://www.seabournsuitestakes.com/ if you didn't get the mailing.

And, if you win, please leave your DH at home and take ME!! :rolleyes:

Hi, Deb!

The itinerary on your trip looks amazing. I had to take out the atlas to check it out. I hope you'll post your findings when you return.

Also, if we get weather like we had in Malta last summer, I may be wishing I were in the Artic!

Just for a dose of reality, I looked up the weather for Tromso tomorrow, Wednesday the 11th. There will be a high of 8 degrees Celsius.:eek: Right now it's 36 degrees Celsius where I am! I'm thinking there may be a lot of luggage for a trip like this!

Sorry, a little bit off topic here....

Have a great trip Deb!

Hi, Granny!

I read the fine print and you have to be a legal resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) to be able to win.

That doesn't seem very fair!:eek:

Grace

No wonder I didnt hear about it....and NO it certainly is NOT FAIR!! Once again more than half the bloody World misses out...I can tell you Aussies, Brits and Europeans are getting a bit tired of this sort of thing......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi, Deb!

The itinerary on your trip looks amazing. I had to take out the atlas to check it out. I hope you'll post your findings when you return.

Also, if we get weather like we had in Malta last summer, I may be wishing I were in the Artic!

Just for a dose of reality, I looked up the weather for Tromso tomorrow, Wednesday the 11th. There will be a high of 8 degrees Celsius.:eek: Right now it's 36 degrees Celsius where I am! I'm thinking there may be a lot of luggage for a trip like this!

Sorry, a little bit off topic here....

Have a great trip Deb!

thanks Grace, i think the ski suit has just been added to the packing list:) yes i will give a full report when i get back.

enjoy your very hot weather, please send some over to Norway

deb

Archived