? Sun - Western Caribbean - arrival times

Zeno

I am trying to arrange an excursion on Roatan - so I need to know what time LOCAL time the ship arrives (according to the brochure - it is 11AM ship-time - which will be Eastern Standard (or Daylight Savings - do they do that in Florida ?) since the ship is cruising out of Miami). Can anyone who has been on this route give me the time change ? I hope this question is not too confusing - it certainly confuses me.

Well I found out part of the answer -thanks to a great website:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com

In December Roatan local time will be one hour behind Eastern Standard time - so it all depends upon whether the arrival times in the brochure are Eastern standard or Local.

So - does anyone who has been on this cruise know for sure ?

BTW - thx mbisson I had forgotten to put that critical detail (exactly when we were cruising).

We will also be going to Roatan the first week of Nov. Check Fostersroatan.com and to link for day cruisers. I was told it's a great time with good food. Also, check Roatan on the ports of call board, there are some good suggestions there.

Sally

I have spoken to 3 separate people at NCL (okay, so I don't trust people!) and all 3 have told me that the time listed on the itinerary is local time. So, you should be in port from 11:00-6:00 local time.

What itinerary changes bubbachief???

Unless there have been dramatic changes in the last year (always a possibility), the times listed on the itenerary are local times. The ship's clock will be reset when changing time zones to allow for this. The only problem I could see would be whether or not a country observed daylight savings time or not. However, in all instances when we docked, the time listed on the itenerary closely matched the local time.

Also, the local ports have a schedule of arrivals and departures. Tour operators seem to have a better idea of what time the ship will arrive than NCL phone bank operators.

When we got confirmation for Belize cave tubing last week (not through NCL) I thought they had booked the time way to early in the morning based on the itenerary. Then NCL announces the itenerary change a day or two ago and guess what? The tour operator had it right? Coincidence? Maybe, but go figure,

• 6 months later...

Hi mychka-tsunami,

We were dragged kicking and screaming...er, I mean disembarked the NCL Sun last Saturday;) . We had an absolutely wonderful time on our cruise! We loved the ship and the freestyle options. I hope to post a full review in a few days (still getting things caught up from being gone). Keep reading CC it is a wealth of information. Be sure to check out the "ports of call" boards too. This was our first cruise after finding CC and it sure is wonderful to be well informed and to be able to get a lot of different opinions.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have

Happy cruising:)

R2

We will also be going to Roatan the first week of Nov. Check Fostersroatan.com and to link for day cruisers. I was told it's a great time with good food. Also, check Roatan on the ports of call board, there are some good suggestions there.

Sally

Hello Sally ... we will be sailing on the Sun this coming first week of November out of NOLA.. november 6th to the 13th..:) will you also be on at that time? see my thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?postid=3596957%23post3596957

Archived