Freedom of the Seas Dining when in Puerto Rico

I was wondering if there was any adjustment to the "regular" Dining Times when the Freedom of the Seas is docked in Puerto Rico. The 6pm Main Dining time is right in the middle of the 3-11pm port visit and doesn't leave much time to tour the port or take an excursion.

There wasn't when we were on in April. Some of our group ate in the dining room and they said it was sparsely attended. We ate in the Windjammer that night when we boarded. It was much nicer than breakfast or lunch.

I was wondering if there was any adjustment to the "regular" Dining Times when the Freedom of the Seas is docked in Puerto Rico. The 6pm Main Dining time is right in the middle of the 3-11pm port visit and doesn't leave much time to tour the port or take an excursion.

While in Puerto Rico on the Liberty the main seating dinner was changed from 6 to 6:30 and the second seating was changed from 8:30 to 8:45. It would stand to reason that the Freedom would do the same thing.

Has anyone tried using the "My Time Dining" Option just for the Puerto Rico day to get a later dinner seating?

You could be the first and let us know how it goes. ;)

We had main seating on the Liberty but decided to eat at Johnny Rockets the evening we were in San Juan. Ate there around 7:30 as we were done doing all we wanted to do in port by that time.

Has anyone tried using the "My Time Dining" Option just for the Puerto Rico day to get a later dinner seating?

You choose, my time dining for the entire cruise or traditional for the entire cruise. No flipping back and forth.

We went to Chops on that night knowing we wouldn't be back in time for dinner. Also there is no show in the theater that night so those that like to attend the shows don't miss anything. We requested a table by the windowwhen we made the reservation. It was nice since we were in port you could look out over old San Juan.

We went to Chops on that night knowing we wouldn't be back in time for dinner. Also there is no show in the theater that night so those that like to attend the shows don't miss anything. We requested a table by the windowwhen we made the reservation. It was nice since we were in port you could look out over old San Juan.

That brings back fond memories of our cruise on the Freedom last year because that's exactly what we did. I think that's a great way to finish out a nice afternoon in San Juan.

Archived