Who has been visited by the fairy?

Last year, we were upgraded from an oceanview to the Family Oceanview Stateroom. It was a very nice surprise!

CCL Jubilee 1991

CCLHoliday 1992

CCL Fascination 1998

CCL Fascination 2000

CCL Sensation 2003

CCL Fantasy 2004

RCL Navigator of the Sea 2005

RCL Freedom of the Sea 2007

RCL Independence of the Sea January 10, 2009

countdown.pl?name=Lamull&date=1-10-2009&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Independence of the Seas

We've sailed on RCCL 6 times and are Diamond members. We have never been upgraded, until this trip on Jewel of the Seas (we leave tomorrow).

Like some others, we had booked a D1 AFT balcony over a year in advance, and didn't quite know what to think when we got moved to a JS on the side of the ship. If it had been a Caribbean cruise were we wanted to lay out on the balcony we probably would have been upset, but this is a 12 night Scandinavia/Russia cruise so we're pretty sure we'll enjoy the extra space and occasional visits to the balcony will probably be sufficient.

I spoke to member services and asked why we weren't contacted (they have my cell phone as their primary number). They said revenue services often upgrades people automatically to balance out room availability. She said to just ask for a note to be added to future bookings if we don't want to be upgraded.

One extra benefit of being upgraded to a JS is that we do get the extra cruise credit for the suite.

On AOS I booked a guaranteed inside; a couple of weeks later I saw online that I had been assigned to an oceanview. Then a couple weeks after that it changed to a balcony cabin! Not bad.

Thanks Upgrade Fairy! :D

We are going on a B2B2B on Navigator next week, booked inside gaurantees for all 3 legs when they were advertised at $200 per sailing !! We have got our cabin assignments for the first 2 legs , inside and promenade but waiting for the 7th June sailing assignment. It is really frustrating not knowing yet where we will be , upgrade fairy I hope you are listening !!!!:D :D :p ;)

Archived