Hotel Milano

angnadam

We are staying at Hotel Milano one night pre-cruise on October 25, 2008. We were wondering if we would be close to restaurants and a grocery or store to buy a case of water? My husband only drinks water so we try to take a case with us when we go!!

Thanks!:cool:

We are staying at Hotel Milano one night pre-cruise on October 25, 2008. We were wondering if we would be close to restaurants and a grocery or store to buy a case of water? My husband only drinks water so we try to take a case with us when we go!!

We will be staying at the Hotel Milano pre-cruise, 14 June 2008. I'll take notes and let you know.

We stayed at Hotel Milano in August of 2005 and liked it fine.

It was close to the forts, as well as being in the heart of Old San Juan. The area was really hopping the Saturday night before our cruise. Everyone was going out to dance clubs and bar. It was a fun atmosphere. And luckily, you couldn’t hear any of it from our room.

There are some great restaurants nearby, and although I was looking forward to the Panorama Grill – I was disappointed. The food was mediocre at best, and the view was not what I had thought it would be. You could get the same, if not a better view from atop one of the forts.

The rooms were very clean and private, though the elevator is a bit slow.

Don't plan on walking to your ship. The Pan American Pier - you will most definitely need a taxi. When we went it was $3/person plus $1/bag. If your ship is at the Old Sna Juan Pier, you're in luck. It's only a few blocks away from the hotel. That being said, the sidewalks are not conducive to hauling luggage to a ship. Then again it depends on who your traveling companions are, and what/how much you've packed.

There are tons of stores nearby, not sure about grocery stores though. However, while we were there, up the block there was somewhat of a mini mart. Snacks, and drinks were very reasonably priced. In fact, I think it was the cheapest we found in Old San Juan; though we didn't go looking for a grocery store.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

There are many convenience stores and even a "Pharamcia" where you could buy a case of water. Often pharmacies are the best and cheapest place after a local grocery store to purchase local souvenirs and refreshments.

The Hotel Milano is in close walking distance to many restaurants in Old San Juan. Hopefully, you too will have a room away from the street and the Saturday Night Bar crowd noise.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Archived