show times

hi all,

i'm going on the Emerald on june 6th (can't wait):D

We are late dinner,so does anyone know what time

the shows are for late seating,arte they before dinner or after.

Am i right in thinking late dinner is 8.30

thanks Ian

Can only tell you about our experience on The Spirit:

Seats - 1st come, 1st served.

Show times: - 20.45pm & 22.30pm.

The 2 waiter service dining rooms were open 18.30 - 22.00 & 19.00 - 22.00; I don't know what times the actual seatings were but from the info above, it shows that the 2nd show is after 2nd seating.

Can't see it being much different, timings-wise, on other ships.

Also no help re Emerald, but on Destiny there are two dinner sittings; first at 6.45 and the second one at 8.45. Both shows were timed to start just after you could reasonably expect to have finished your meal.

First show was at 8.45 (doors open at 8.15) and second show at 10.30 with doors opened at 10.00. It did say in the cruise news that the theatre would be vacated between shows and doors wouldn't open until the times shown but this didn't in fact happen - at least not for the second show where people were allowed to come in after the end of the first show. It did work well, there wasn't too much pressure and people just drifted in after their meal and the split between 1st and 2nd sittings seemed to make a natural break between audiences. I didn't get the feeling that people couldn't get seats ok.

On the Spirit and Celebration though, it is much more a 'free for all' as there are no set dining times so everyone comes when they are ready and it can get a bit packed especially for the second show if more people turn up for that than the first show. On the whole though, everyone seems to enjoy the shows and I haven't heard of people failing to get in. Of course, the earlier you turn up for each one, the more choice of seats you have.

Again, don't know about Emerald but Celebration, Spirit & Destiny all have waiter service in the main dining rooms at breakfast time.

Destiny offered either a buffet or full waiter service in the dining room. The buffet service was help-yourself to cereal etc., then main course with waiters bringing juice, drinks and toast to the table. There was also a separate area of the dining room for full waiter service and a slightly enhanced menu choice (omelettes, eggs benedict, kippers etc.)

If I remember correctly Celebration and/or Spirit had a buffet breakfast on change-over days - the last day of your cruise and the middle day on back-to-backs - but otherwise it was full waiter service in the Compass Rose and Meridian restaurants.

Hi there

Have been on the Emerald twice (my first 2 cruises a few years ago) although I can't remember the times of the sittings etc I do know that the shows start after the 2nd meal sitting so you don't miss out. We've always had the late sittings as it's a lot better when you've been out all day cos it's not such a rush to get ready, you have time to relax a bit.

I'm afraid it is a bit of a first come first served with the seats for the shows, but generally all the seats are okay. It's not a huge stage.

Also you can get breakfast in the dining room as well as the self service buffet.

Hope this helps a bit

Janet

Hi there

I have just returned (last week) from the Adriatic Cruise on the Emerald. I can confirm that the dinner times in the formal restaurant are 6.30 and 8.00.The show times are 8.45 and 10.30.Last week we went to the first show usually (doors open at 8.15)and we were asked to leave after the first showing to make room for the passemngers eating on the second sitting and the curtain was drawn across the entrance to deter people going in until 10.00pm.On the night the UK comedian was on following the second showtime we went into the second show and then retained our front row seats to see the comedian at 11.45pm.

We queued up outside the theatre every night and usually got a seat on the front row! I would point out that there are two entrances to the theatre so if the queue is long on the left hand entrance I recommend that you hang about near the other entrance and dive in when you get chance lol.It's a free for all.

We were on our first cruise and we had a great time.The shows were all super with lovely costumes and the timing of the dancers was unbelievable.Gosh I can't remember what else you asked but if I can answer any queries for you I would be delighted to help.

Flopsy

Archived