Prior NCL Wind cruisers...I have some questions

Umbarger

Dear prior NCL Wind cruisers: Could you please tell me if you received lei's upon boarding the Wind? Do all sailings get lei's? Also, I know you have to present passport at embarkation. Do you have to present it again in Fanning Island as well?? Thank you very much for your help, Linda :-)

On our WIND cruise in Sept., the women got flower leis and the men got shell leis just prior to boarding the ship. The flower leis were beautiful.

You will have to show your passport at embarkation. You do not need it at Fanning Island, however, you can take your passport ashore and get it stamped by the local Fanning Island officials. We did this on our first trip to Fanning Island last Sept.

You will have to go through an immigration check. Ours was on the last day (Kona) and everyone had to present their passports before they could go ashore. It is a very quick process...they tell you where to go and then they mark your cruise card with a sticker to show that you have passed through the immigration procedure. The rest of the time our passports remained locked up in our room safe. Have fun!

we leave tommorow for honolulu, board the wind on wednesday for the 10 day cruise. Anyone else going with us???? havent been able to find anyone else on these boards going that day. its going to be a quite boat.

Archived