Transportation from FT. Lauderdale airport

BUSYGIRL

Can anyone suggest the best way to get from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to the port? Any idea how long it would take and the cost?

We use a taxi. Last time it cost the two of us $16.00 including the tip. It's about a 15 minute ride.

We use a taxi. Last time it cost the two of us $16.00 including the tip. It's about a 15 minute ride.

NCL leaves out of Miami, not Ft Lauderdale, so the trip is longer and more expensive. Some use car service, some take the tram from the airport to Miami, then take a taxi. We usually just book the NCL transfers. As far as costs are concerned, taxi's will run about $50-$60. The transfers from NCL ran us $20pp. With car service, the cost will depend on how many are in your party. It take 30-45 minutes to get to Miami from FLL.

another option is Go Transportation....they are outside baggage area. You get your bag, tell them you want to go to Miami ship...you share a ride with others...cost is 18 dollars per person.

coka

We used Enterprise rent a car a couple of years ago. It cost about $35.00 and after we dropped the car off in Miami they shuttled us to the pier. If you have some extra time to kill you can go to South Beach.

Go over and check out the Florida depature boards. If you are flying in the day before one of the hotels by the airport offers a shuttle to the port along with a continental breakfast. Believe it was the marriott, but please dont hold me to that.

January we flew in the night before stayed in South Beach cab fare from hotel to port was about $20.

We used the shuttle service ourside baggage claim - the name escapes me but it was probably same mention above. We took a private car - limo. I think the price was about 50.00 for the car. With the privat car you go directly to your destination - port or a hotel. If you use the shared shuttle - which is a van, then you will make multiple stops. For example, you could stop at several hotels before you get to the port. Therefore the ride is much longer - they tell you hour to hour and a half. The private car will be shorter about 45 min. depending on time of day / traffic. We thought is was worth the money rather than claiming into the back of a van, luggage stacked everywhere and taking forever to get to miami.

How difficult is the return to Ft. Lauderdale? Can the same companies pick you up from the ship? Are there any difficulties with the authorities as they start out in a different city?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Fran

Just go out of the terminal and find the shuttle service. This will get you to any port you want for a very economical price--cheaper than a taxi or limo. Our cruise left from Miami and we got a mini tour of Miami and a very convivial driver.

We booked return transfers through NCL. Some will hire car services or shuttles and will arrainge to have them at the pier by a certain time-depending on their expected flight. As always there should be plenty of taxi's at the pier.

We used the NCL transfers to Miami. I think it was $20 per person each way for the bus ride which was quick and efficient. We had little or no waiting and never had to handle our bags. We took the bags off the carousel and handed them to NCL. Next time we saw them they were in our cabin.

For departure, we were one of the first groups off of the ship.

The shuttle service is Go Shuttle. I used this service once and it was fine. Since there was only 1 other person heading to Miami from Fort Lauderdale airport, they used a town car instead of a van. It was a nice ride to Miami.

The website for the shuttle is: http://www.floridalimo.com

Heading back to FLL airport after the cruise I used the cruise transfer. It was the least expensive option for me as I was traveling alone.

Go Shuttle does not pick up in Miami to take you back to FLL afterwards...one driver told me if you see them dropping off passengers on their embarkation, most will give you a ride back as they are going back anyways. Even so, do not rely on that. The NCL transfers for 20 dollars per person is painless (unless you are an "immediate" person...as you do wait until the bus fills up).

Whenever I use Go Shuttle, my results are 50-50...50% I end up with a town car and 50% I end up with a van. Never had a bad van ride...met lots of great people...all happy!

Go shuttle also promises a wait no longer than 30 minutes and they have always delivered on that promise.

coka

Archived