Honolulu Harbor

bug_dan

Came across this map of Honolulu Harbor, thought folks might be interested. Pier 11 is usually where the cruise ships dock, although with the increased number of them, some are using pier2 and other piers.

http://www.state.hi.us/dot/harbors/honolulu.htm

You can find where your ship is scheduled to dock at the following site, use the 2004 or 2005 passenger schedule as applicable.

http://www.state.hi.us/dot/harbors/oahu/oahu.htm

The scheduled makeover for pier 2 originally scheduled for

April '04 to Oct '04 has been rescheduled to Oct '04 to April '05, so that may affect those of us scheduled to dock there.

Thanks for posting that link to the maps and pictures of Honolulu Harbor! Thanks also for the information regarding the rescheduled makeover ... I had already seen the Ship Docking Schedule and had noted that the Legend of the Seas is slated for Pier 11 on 3/17/05. As you say, that dock info might change. I'll have to keep that in mind as we're making our way to our ship.fing33.gif

It really shouldn't be all that big a deal except in telling your taxi where to go. The shops and restaurants are around Aloha Tower (Pier 10) but Pier 2 is only about 2-3 blocks away and it's pretty easy to see which ship is where.

Thanks for the link....I just noticed that we will be docked at Pier 2! UGH! Did Pier 2 last May on the Serenade and detested it. :( Next to impossible to get in and out of the area - short little road with approximately 30 parking spaces total! We wanted to go to the Aloha Tower area and they told us it was a "short walk" - SURE - it was short! :rolleyes: Took about 15 minutes of fast walking and it was hot! The Pier is actually used for Cargo ships more than passenger ships. It was pressed into action due to the numbers of ships now visiting Honolulu. Was so hoping for Aloha Tower (Pier 11) this time. Oh well, at least we are in Honolulu and that's a good thing! YES!!!

It really shouldn't be all that big a deal except in telling your taxi where to go. The shops and restaurants are around Aloha Tower (Pier 10) but Pier 2 is only about 2-3 blocks away and it's pretty easy to see which ship is where.
LOL ... You're absolutely correct, and I don't know why I even wondered about getting to the correct pier. We're on back-to-back cruises on the Legend of the Seas, sailing Ensenada-Honolulu and then Honolulu back to Ensenada. As long as the Captain knows which dock to tie up at, we'll have no problems at all!045.gif

No worries!1237.gif

We wanted to go to the Aloha Tower area and they told us it was a "short walk" - SURE - it was short! :rolleyes: Took about 15 minutes of fast walking and it was hot!
Really, it took that long? They're physically pretty darn close ... I would have guessed 5-10 minutes. Oh well. :(

Thanks for posting that, Dan!

Spleen

Archived