Booked Airfare with RCCL - What if prices go up?

So, a few months ago, we booked our cruise for the AOS 11-23-08 thru 11-30-08. We booked our airfare through Royal Caribbean and at the time the fare was a little high. However, now the fare that we were quoted for the airfare is actually not bad. We don't make final payment until September and I'm wondering and asking if the airfare with the cruise line can actually go up until final payment is made or if what we were quoted for airfare at the time of booking will stay the same?

I am trying to determine if I should start searching for airfare on my own, ESPECIALLY, if the "cruise airfare" can go up without notice! and cancel the airfare we have booked with RCCL.

Thanks to all who respond! I hope I stated this correctly and that my question makes sense;)

I would always search for airfare on your own.........there are deals out there but you have to search, sometimes 3 times a day.........the best deal you end up with may indeed be RC air........but keep searching.

Thanks all for responding! That's what I thought but just wasnt sure. With gas prices continuing to rise and the cruise lines and airlines adding some additional price frequently, I just didn't know. Now I know due to wonderful CCer's THANKS I'll keep checking on airfare!

I booked my cruise/air back in Feb, for April 2009 with the intention of getting my own flights and cancelling the air portion before final payment. Not now, the air is too good a deal to pass up, so I was wondering the same thing, ie can they jack up the price. There are 6 of us, so a huge saving.

The cruise lines don't actually ticket the flights until final payment SO the airlines can and will add the additional Q Charges (Fuel Surcharge). However bear in mind that your current price already includes a certain amount of fuel surcharge.

The only way you can stop the airline upping the surcharge is to pay in full and ticket the flights - however then all the relavant rules of cancellation apply and if you need to cancel or reroute you might have to incurr the full costs of the flight

Archived