Dubrovnik-dock@old town and tender

Our ship will dock at Dubrovniks old town and it says we will tender, will we then need a taxi to town or are we there already? Also what is best entrance to walk the wall? Thanks,

Lee Anne

We were on a small ship which anchored in a different place to the large ships. Our tenders took us to the city gates.:)

I just returned from Dubrovnik. I was on the Grnad Princess and we had to tender. We then had to get a shuttle (6 euros each way) to town. I think that the best place to get onto the walls is from the pile gate. Other entrances could be hard to find. It does get hot on the walls and it takes 1-2 hours to walk the whole wall( depending on how long you linger to take pictures). I would go as late as possible.

Judy

Dobar Dan!

We just returned from from our land vacation throughout Croatia.

If you are tendered right outside of the old harbor, the best entrance for you will be on

the left hand side as you face old town from the sea

It is next to the Maritime Museum, if that helps get your directional bearings while looking at a map.

It is 10 or 15 Kuna, they will take Euro but not USD.

If you arrive early do the wall the very 1st thing, it will be hotter and more crowded

as the day progresses and there's not a lot of width on the wall in many places.

There are 2 small cafes for beverages, but I would bring your own bottled water.

It will also be very bright and in addition to sunglasses

I suggest for those with sensitivity with their eyes a hat. Not as bright as Greece, but still.

You will exit the wall by the Onofrio fountain, Franciscan Monastary.

Nearby by is a delicious Gelato place you can't miss it!

For those that port in the newer Harbor, the best entrance for you

will be the one by Onofrio fountain and Franciscan Monastary.

If you would like to view our photos on our personal travel website

follow the link below...go into Croatia and then following the Dubrovnik link on the bottom of the page.

ALSO if you look in the bonus albums you will see pictures of the cheap eats I recommend for Dubrovnik!

Enjoy your time there, we sure did!

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

Thnaks for all the great responses and the photos. Ok Where2next, were you using a regular little digital or an slr digital with special lens? Those pictures are stunning!! I have both a small digital powershot which takes great photos or an slr digital with regular and super zoom lens. Wasnt sure which to bring??

I just returned from Dubrovnik. I was on the Grnad Princess and we had to tender. We then had to get a shuttle (6 euros each way) to town. I think that the best place to get onto the walls is from the pile gate. Other entrances could be hard to find. It does get hot on the walls and it takes 1-2 hours to walk the whole wall( depending on how long you linger to take pictures). I would go as late as possible.

Judy

Everyone has to tender. If you are in a large/medium ship north of the town you tender and shuttle. If you are in a small/boutique ship south of the town you tender right up to the city gates and that`s how it should be. :p

Thnaks for all the great responses and the photos. Ok Where2next, were you using a regular little digital or an slr digital with special lens? Those pictures are stunning!! I have both a small digital powershot which takes great photos or an slr digital with regular and super zoom lens. Wasnt sure which to bring??

You will be shocked when I tell you this...

It's a little Kodak c633.

2 years ago Target had them the day after Thanksgiving for $100, so I bought each of us one.

I think they sale the 643 which is essentially the same, but different colors

The only problem we have found with this camera is it drains the AA batteries quickly, so we have to bring quite a few batteries and then charge at night in the hotel. We've got the system down so it's no longer annoying!

We love the results and if it was ever lost or stolen, the only pain from that would be what was on the memory card!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed our little website, hopefully you had a chance to look around more, there's all sorts of nooks and crannys full of tips, etc.

Here's a link to our cameras

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn032552.jhtml

Archived