Miracle Family Cruise Review I

TheRaven

We booked the Miracle 5/17-5/25) as a friends and family cruise comprising of me DW and DD, FIL, Mom, SIL& DH, SIL&Fiancee, SIL's Neighbors, Friend &DW &DD's and his mom 12 of us joined a group from farmington and shared a bus to and from the docks which worked out pretty well.

After along delay beacuse the Miracle was late getting in and we were lined up while it was still disembarking. Embarkation was flowing well until we got to the counter the lady we had was obviously new and had little to no training. She somehow managed to get my daughter checked into the boat under the wrong name and managed to get us checked in without saving our credit card to the account. all after checking several times with the lady next to her slowing both of us down.

After makig sure everyone in our group was in we boarded and headed right to our rooms which were ready and waiting for us we had extended balcony stateroom 6232 which if the pictures post right you will see is amazing!! The balcony had 2 chairs and a little table as well as 2 full lounge chairs the room was set for only two people and we met our room steward WiDoDo and informed him DD would be staying with us tho shes was booked in a different room. He had the sofa converted by the time we were back from dinner and also emptied our Mini bar as requested. so we ditched our carryon stuff and went about checking on others in our groups rooms and exploring. We eventually made it up to lido and grabbed a lite lunch which we found to be of good quality

Then it was time for the everpopular muster drillwhich went by quickly and smoothly best ive been to. As we got back to our room most of our luggage had arrived but we opted not to change before dinner since it was already 540 and we had 600 seating. When arriving at the dinning room we had two surprises one was that they had a table of 14 set up for our party of 16 ( opps) this was quickly remedied with a trip to Suresh the Maitre'd who moved the 2 that were seated upstairs at a table next to us and we basically beacme a table of 12 and a table of 4. The other was a great surprise when we saw Tranquilino our team waiter from our august Victory cruise!!! We knew then there would be nothing but great dinnertimes all week. Tranquilino even remebered my wife and daughter!!

For dinner I had the Lamb chops which were excellent and actually done medium rare. Also Tried the Tillapia which was nice for a tillapia but was not as good as the lamb. I will go into each meal in depth for each day but I will say now that overall the food was very good with a few excellent meals and selections. and only one otr two that were below par (the farfalle pasta was undercooked even for an italian who likes aldente)

after dinner we set about unpacking and basically fell asleep missing the welcome aboard show. we did miss alot of photo oportunities on the sailaway since we were at dinner. we did have a window table and saw the Statue of Libnerty and Ellis ISalnd and all but with the delayed departure it was in the middle of dinner

Part II coming soon questions comments will be answered as possible

After Dinner we ran down to the Camp Carnival orientation and got DD signed up and met the counselers whod be taking care of her it was nice and they said to drop by CC at 930 to get a phone since DD was in the 2-5 group. Our friends had 2 DD in CC 1 in 2-5 1 in 6-8 so they also had a phone this made communication a breeze since the phones work like regular ship phones we were always able to communicate plans and where we were. tho this also kinda made the walkie talkies we brought obsolete. oh well was a great thing. be warned if you get one don't lose it or get it wet $150 charge if you do

Raven - looking forward to the rest of your review and, especially, the pictures of your balcony. We are in the same room on the Spirit (sister ship to the Miracle) in August to Alaska.

Bob & Gay

We booked the Miracle 5/17-5/25) as a friends and family cruise comprising of me DW and DD, FIL, Mom, SIL& DH, SIL&Fiancee, SIL's Neighbors, Friend &DW &DD's and his mom 12 of us joined a group from farmington and shared a bus to and from the docks which worked out pretty well.

After along delay beacuse the Miracle was late getting in and we were lined up while it was still disembarking. Embarkation was flowing well until we got to the counter the lady we had was obviously new and had little to no training. She somehow managed to get my daughter checked into the boat under the wrong name and managed to get us checked in without saving our credit card to the account. all after checking several times with the lady next to her slowing both of us down.

After makig sure everyone in our group was in we boarded and headed right to our rooms which were ready and waiting for us we had extended balcony stateroom 6232 which if the pictures post right you will see is amazing!! The balcony had 2 chairs and a little table as well as 2 full lounge chairs the room was set for only two people and we met our room steward WiDoDo and informed him DD would be staying with us tho shes was booked in a different room. He had the sofa converted by the time we were back from dinner and also emptied our Mini bar as requested. so we ditched our carryon stuff and went about checking on others in our groups rooms and exploring. We eventually made it up to lido and grabbed a lite lunch which we found to be of good quality

Then it was time for the everpopular muster drillwhich went by quickly and smoothly best ive been to. As we got back to our room most of our luggage had arrived but we opted not to change before dinner since it was already 540 and we had 600 seating. When arriving at the dinning room we had two surprises one was that they had a table of 14 set up for our party of 16 ( opps) this was quickly remedied with a trip to Suresh the Maitre'd who moved the 2 that were seated upstairs at a table next to us and we basically beacme a table of 12 and a table of 4. The other was a great surprise when we saw Tranquilino our team waiter from our august Victory cruise!!! We knew then there would be nothing but great dinnertimes all week. Tranquilino even remebered my wife and daughter!!

For dinner I had the Lamb chops which were excellent and actually done medium rare. Also Tried the Tillapia which was nice for a tillapia but was not as good as the lamb. I will go into each meal in depth for each day but I will say now that overall the food was very good with a few excellent meals and selections. and only one otr two that were below par (the farfalle pasta was undercooked even for an italian who likes aldente)

after dinner we set about unpacking and basically fell asleep missing the welcome aboard show. we did miss alot of photo oportunities on the sailaway since we were at dinner. we did have a window table and saw the Statue of Libnerty and Ellis ISalnd and all but with the delayed departure it was in the middle of dinner

Part II coming soon questions comments will be answered as possible

Rav

I had the lamb also.. it was awesome!

From what I understand, there are 2 types of extended balconies on the spirit class ships - those that are a bit wider, and those that are longer. 6232 is a 100 ft. long balcony - take a look at the deck plan - they look amazing!

I dont remeber a natalia but i could be wrong

yes it is an amazing balcony we had all 14 people on it at one point getting into san juan and everyone had room to move around and take pictures well im off to work so part 2 will have to be tommrow

I was in 6232 on the sailing just before you. And the balcony is fantastic!! It is not a standard extended balcony. There is no stateroom next door, so not only is the balcony as deep as other extended balconies, but it is also twice as wide. Here's a photo -- but the deck furniture has been replaced since this was taken. There are now two loungers and two chairs with reclinig backs along with a small table.

09030656bc7.th.jpg

Archived