Colourful coasts

Has anyone done this trip, trying to plan where we want to do excursions, thinking of lanzarote and morroco

If all goes well thinking of a norway cruise for 2010

Hi

Yes, done the Canaries. I would really recommend the Timanfaya Park (the volcano) excursion in Lanzarote. The rock formations are spectacular and you even get a camel ride too! It was a 4 hour trip and cost £30. Another trip out we did (on a different visit) was 'Discover the North' which was amazing - lava tunnels landscaped by the artist Cesar Manrique. That was 4 hours too and cost £25.

In Morocco we did the Taroudannt excursion which was 5 hours and cost £26 (all prices were 2 years ago). Taroudannt is called 'little Marrakech' but I think gives a flavour of the real Morocco and we really enjoyed the trip. It takes about an hour to get there and there was a refreshment stop with sweet mint tea or freshly squeezed orange juice included. You see the Atlas Mountains in the distance and stop en route to see the tree climbing goats. (You might have seen them recently on some advert - I can't remember what for though!) The Marrakech trip is a 12 hour excursion with about 3.5 hour journey each way which some passengers found to be too long a journey. The ship doesn't dock in the town - you either need to go on an organised trip or perhaps you could get a taxi but you have to be careful to negotiate a price - we did hear of people being taken advantage of with taxi fares.

If there's anything else you think of I'll be pleased to help if I can.

P.S. We went on the Fjords trip which was our first taste of cruising - it was fabulous!

Hi Mtt,

Was in the south of Grand canaria for xmas and the weather was superb, averaged 22 degrees and we only had about 4 minutes rain.

Also did colourful coasts cruise in March this year and temperatures were good, ports of call for tenerife and grand Canary are in the north where temps arent as high as the south. we did a trip to the south of grand canaria in March and the weather was scorching yet it was overcast on our return to the port. Costa teguise is a nice resort in Lanzarote if you like beaches, it was £7 per person for the coach trip.

Enjoy your cruise Chris

Archived