Long Beach Airport Question

Small airport. Easy for luggage. Easy to get in and out of. No long lines..My sister uses this airport as a first choice. I have flown in and out of LGB only once and would do so again if I could. The only cons are that it stops flying earlier in the PM. ( 9-10).

Long beach is a small 1950's airport with 4 airlines. Delta Connection, Alaska, Jet-blue and one other. There are no frills, the only restaurant was closed for remodeling in Jan. I'm not sure if it is open yet. If don't like the walking thru airports it is great. About 200 yds from gate to luggage to curb. Luggage pick is outside. If you have to wait a long time for a flight, not so good. No place to sit around and wait. If you want more info check the West Coast Departure threads.

Long beach is a small 1950's airport with 4 airlines. Delta Connection, Alaska, Jet-blue and one other. There are no frills, the only restaurant was closed for remodeling in Jan. I'm not sure if it is open yet. If don't like the walking thru airports it is great. About 200 yds from gate to luggage to curb. Luggage pick is outside. If you have to wait a long time for a flight, not so good. No place to sit around and wait. If you want more info check the West Coast Departure threads.

I agree. However, while the airport does lack most amenities for a long wait for your flight, it DOES (or did when we sailed on the Vision in 2006) have free WIFI for your laptop.

I fly into Long Beach several times a year. It's small easy to navigate, but the boarding areas are cramped and crowded. There is a small place to eat and news stand. Both of these are located outside security. Once you pass security there is nothing. Only chairs at the gate. The drive from Long Beach to LAX is 30-45 taxi

The wife and I are considering cruising on Mariner out of LA next spring. I am looking for information on flying into Long Beach vs. LAX. Aside from price, what are the pros/cons?:)

I grew up in Long Beach. Spent 40yrs of my life there. I would take this airport over LAX any day. But then I might be a little prejudice.

Here is the link to the airport. See for yourself.

http://www.longbeach.gov/airport/default.asp

Archived