Review Rhapsody of the Seas to Alaska May 23, 2008

wrp96

Great review!! We are on the Rhapsody R/T out of Seattle in June. Taking the inside passage. Our 6th. cruise overall but the first to Alaska and third on RCCL. Your review makes the wait all that more painful as we watch the calander and count the days.

It's great the way your photos are with each leg of the journey.

Thanks....

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a fabulous review!! We are going to sign up tonight for the May 8th cruise out of Vancouver.

Found it interesting that you enjoyed Prince Rupert, I have been there many times with the Canadian Navy,lol Can't say it was ever near the top of my list,lol Of course we didnt do much sight seeing, more playing hockey and hitting the pubs!!

Great review! Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

A question for you. We are sailing the week before you on the Serenade. When we went to Alaska last time we did the glacier bay southbound in July. It was pretty cold, but the morning of glacier bay was freezing (about 32 degrees and windy). Had thermals, turtle neck, sweatshirt, winter jacket, Hat , gloves and they were handing out blankets on deck.

Long way to go to ask a question. As we are going late May, how cold was it last year. Was tracy arm as cold as glacier bay felt. We are also booked to do the Dog Sledding in Juneau. I think being on the ice will be very cold (or could be all in my head, just looking at all that ice).

Thanks for any info.

For us, we hit a really warm and sunny week. A couple of mornings I needed a sweatshirt, but by midday I was usually down to short sleeves. In Tracy Arm I did pull on a fleece for a while, but that was the only day it was needed - and definitely not as cold as Glacier Bay was for you.

Fingers crossed that you and I end up with the same wonderful weather.

Guess we will pack a little of everything. I am a founding member of the overpackers group.

I will try to leave you with plenty of sunshine, and coconut cookies. LOL

Thanks

I thought I recognized you from the OPA meetings.;)

Yep, better leave me some of the coconut cookies. Remember to leave me some savory bites as well!!:D

As we are going late May, how cold was it last year?

Last year was an incredibly bad summer - cold and wet - so don't use anything about last year's weather as a guide. This summer is going to be hot and dry right from May 15 onwards, just because we deserve it. Of course if that happens, you won't be able to see anything for forest fire smoke :( - okay, something in between will work for me! :D

This summer is going to be hot and dry right from May 15 onwards, just because we deserve it.

Oh good, I'll let my group know.:p If it doesn't turn out that way, expect a large group of people to be knocking on your door to complain on June 3rd.;)

Oh good, I'll let my group know.:p If it doesn't turn out that way, expect a large group of people to be knocking on your door to complain on June 3rd.;)

I can promise you that my prediction is at least as accurate as what you'll see from the weather services!

Archived