Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa

Sauceress

I'm trying to decide between Nachi & Here so any info gratefully received!!:confused:

It does seem to have something for everyone to enjoy but want it to be right as i'm the organiser!!:rolleyes:

I also tried to get some info on the Wyndham, and didn't receive much. But I did see alot positive reviews on Passsion Island, so we ended up booking with Carrie-her info. can be found at *****. It's worth checking out. We all opted for the Twister ride over to the island. If you have time read the reviews for Passion Island. We did Nachi last time we were in Coz. two yrs. ago. We had a good time. This time around Passion Island seems to fit what we're all looking for.

Good Luck!

Wyndham looks idea because we're a party of 7 ageing from 3 years to 78 years..something for everyone I'm hoping plus DH wants to dive & i think he can do it from there??!

Hopefully someone will be along soon who's just been there!!:cool:

I was just there staying at the new section of the hotel, the beach or entrance into the water is rocky so make sure to take water shoes. I didnt try the buffet food as our package was sit down service, so I really cant comment on that. Pool area is nice, but if your looking for a nice sandy beach look furthur south or very far north.

I also tried to get some info on the Wyndham, and didn't receive much. But I did see alot positive reviews on Passsion Island, so we ended up booking with Carrie-her info. can be found at *****. It's worth checking out. We all opted for the Twister ride over to the island. If you have time read the reviews for Passion Island. We did Nachi last time we were in Coz. two yrs. ago. We had a good time. This time around Passion Island seems to fit what we're all looking for.

Good Luck!

KimS, i know you'll be very pleased w/the beach conditions at Passion. The sand is really soft textured and its so pretty. We loved Nachi as well, but my kids didn't like the sand there. It was coarse and wouldn't stick together to make sandcastles. (I guess maybe its the type of sand they brought in after Wilma?) Anyhoo...Passion turned out to be much better for sandcastle building. It's funny the things we search out when making vacation plans, lol

I was just there staying at the new section of the hotel, the beach or entrance into the water is rocky so make sure to take water shoes. I didnt try the buffet food as our package was sit down service, so I really cant comment on that. Pool area is nice, but if your looking for a nice sandy beach look furthur south or very far north.

Thanks Ken... we have water shoes so no problem there.. my sister is more of a pool person so we will probaly spend most of our time there.. my niece & I want to try the Hobie cats & kayaks though..that looks fun... did you have a chance to do that?

Thanks Ken... we have water shoes so no problem there.. my sister is more of a pool person so we will probaly spend most of our time there.. my niece & I want to try the Hobie cats & kayaks though..that looks fun... did you have a chance to do that?

No sorry we didnt try them out. There were people out on them and it it looked like fun. But we were tired from doing other excurions.

I checked and have enough points for a free night. I am thinking of getting a room for the day we hit Coz...and just never actually sleep in it. It would be great to have a place to shower, nap etc...

I guess I just need to make sure I can check in early. usually at those places, you can check in anytime...but the room may not be ready until lunch.

Even their "rack rate" rooms were around $200. That isnt much more than paying the "beach usage fee".

I booked this resort thru Island Mkg for Sept on the Liberty---We went here 2 years ago and it's one of my wife's favorite.---We had a blast----------DOS XX on tap, pina coladas, great food, and a staff that will keep you busy all day----Have Fun----Ray

I booked this resort thru Island Mkg for Sept on the Liberty---We went here 2 years ago and it's one of my wife's favorite.---We had a blast----------DOS XX on tap, pina coladas, great food, and a staff that will keep you busy all day----Have Fun----Ray

Please don't forget to come back & tell us how it was.. we have over a year to wait...

Sure hope SOMEBODY will come back & give a review about Wyndham... the web site looks really nice, but there is nothing like 1st hand information...

I'll post pics on my myspace soon. This resort was okay. The staff was very friendly. The pool was nice. Later in the day it was very crowded. My DD and DH did like the snorkeling. I did not like the beach here at all. Way too rocky. If I were to compare this too Nochi Cocum, then Nochi wins hands down. Just for the fact that the wait staff brings your food and drinks to you is much better. The lines were long for food and drinks at Wyndham.

I'll post pics on my myspace soon. This resort was okay. The staff was very friendly. The pool was nice. Later in the day it was very crowded. My DD and DH did like the snorkeling. I did not like the beach here at all. Way too rocky. If I were to compare this too Nochi Cocum, then Nochi wins hands down. Just for the fact that the wait staff brings your food and drinks to you is much better. The lines were long for food and drinks at Wyndham.

Thanks ViciousLysh for posting your opinion... I am sorry that it didnt work out as well as you would have liked.:(

I suppose I will have to remember to visit my favorite one again...

I had a feeling you might be disappointed with the beach area. Nachi's beach is much nicer.

Thanks ViciousLysh for posting your opinion... I am sorry that it didnt work out as well as you would have liked.:(

I suppose I will have to remember to visit my favorite one again...

I was even thinking about how you said you enjoyed Mr. Sanchos beach.

I was wondering if that beach may have been better. Next time!:)

I was even thinking about how you said you enjoyed Mr. Sanchos beach.

I was wondering if that beach may have been better. Next time!:)

You know thats funny

cause my other cruising friends had seen my review and photos

and they decided to go there this past spring, and they said they loved it too

The posted tons of pics on Webshots

said it was the best food ever!!

Archived