Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa

Sauceress

I'll post pics on my myspace soon. This resort was okay. The staff was very friendly. The pool was nice. Later in the day it was very crowded. My DD and DH did like the snorkeling. I did not like the beach here at all. Way too rocky. If I were to compare this too Nochi Cocum, then Nochi wins hands down. Just for the fact that the wait staff brings your food and drinks to you is much better. The lines were long for food and drinks at Wyndham.

Thanks for the info..I guess the rocky beach does make for better snorkling.. we've got water shoes so no problem there... I'm disappointed to hear they don't serve drinks at your chair though... I don't mind getting my own food, but the drinks are a bummer...

Thanks for the info..I guess the rocky beach does make for better snorkling.. we've got water shoes so no problem there... I'm disappointed to hear they don't serve drinks at your chair though... I don't mind getting my own food, but the drinks are a bummer...

Our chairs were pretty far out and there was 7 of us. So I was doing a lot of hiking back and forth to from the bar. That's when I started to miss Nochi Cocum. I liked hanging out around the pool since the bartender was mixing me a different drink everytime without even asking for one. It was nice. I'll try to shrink a few pics to upload.

zcc1.jpg.1ad3f848ae5eb6b5c8d5e44678719010.jpg

zcc2.jpg.28ec2dcc0f3142cd271e8cece15d9c8f.jpg

539366728_zcc.jpg.84e6bd2368de09ae23595f65071643ca.jpg

Great pics...but are they Nachi or Wyndham? I'm thinking we will be mostly at the pool.. we want to try & do some snorkling & maybe the Hobie Cat's... while my sister will just laze around the pool...

Great pics...but are they Nachi or Wyndham? I'm thinking we will be mostly at the pool.. we want to try & do some snorkling & maybe the Hobie Cat's... while my sister will just laze around the pool...

Those pics are of the Wyndham from Saturday. The pool was very nice and the guys that work there are all really nice. My dh and 10 yr old really like the snorkeling there. But I didn't get in. I didn't like the rocks. also, (imo....food at Nachi is better)

so ...it would be in comparison to staying at a beach resort;)

When I was in Cancun , I too missed the drink servers coming right out to where you were to bring you your drinks:(

Exactly! I guess the word "Resort" should of clued me in.:o

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the Wyndham during our cruise this past November. Nice beach chairs and plenty of shade. The kids enjoyed the pool as the beach area was a little rough. I found the food in the grill area to be better than the buffet :p Great drinks. I got a hint from some others staying at the resort - order your mixer then order your alcohol of choice on the side. I would order a diet coke (or whatever) and a double shot of rum on the side so I could mix my own drinks. Premium liquor was available upon request.

We enjoyed snorkeling and hanging out. Snorkeling was ok, not the best but not the worst. Definitely worth going out and seeing the sites. There is a sunken anchor to the right that attracts quite a few fish.

Only negative comment I have is that we were having so much fun that we lost track of time & really were pushing our luck getting back to the ship on time. Our group of 11 were part of the last 25 people boarding the ship. A little too close for our comfort :eek: But, we did not miss the ship so that is a good thing :D

Thanks for the review... how far away is the Wyndham from the dock..approx?? So you can eat at either the grille or the buffet? Can you tell me what types of food were at either place? We drink mainly fru-fru drinks so the mixer tip won't work for us.. but then enough fruity drinks & it won't matter anyhow...:D

• 7 months later...
If anyone is still reading this post, can you get different hours for a one-day pass from Island Marketing. We don't dock until noon. How much is one night at the resort for two people?

Depending on the section, room selection, and time of year $150-$400.

Thanks! We are going in Jan. 2010 and wondered if it was worth it to book a room just for the day since we are docking at 11:30 a.m. and leaving at 8:00. The day pass is just 9-5.

I'm not sure how they could tell if your a resort guest or a day pass holder.

I went there in October of 07. Had a good time. Someone in our singles group had found the all inclusive somehow, so a bunch of us went. Got off the ship and hailed a cab. I believe the drive is about 15 min or so. Can't recall the price for the cab but I don't think it was much since it was a shared ride. Payed at the resort for entrance. $40 for the day. Went and ate a sit down breakfast immediately. It was very good. Hung out by the pool and drank with friends. There was a mix of ages. There were some very cute Mexican activity directors that were busy trying to get a game of pool volleyball going and then later was some water arobics and a trivia game. All in all a good time but as someone else mentioned..the beach is small and there are rocks under your feet as you get into the water. So if you are up for laying by the pool..you'll have a good time! Hope that helps..

Shawn

[quote name='Redhead51']Was it the Wyndham or was it Aura? Aura is adults only and costs $75.00 pp.[/quote]

Based on the date he mentioned it was the old section of wyndham, the Aura section didn't open until spring of 08. The difference in the two is of course one is new, has a huge pool, and is adult only. Its the same resort, just a different section.

Archived