Travel Insurance Claim Paid

Veryhotred, go to insuremytrip.com and you can compare policies side by side. Very helpful website. We always get independent insurance and it covers the cost of your whole trip, so buying the airfare on your own is no problem. Just get coverage for your total amount....anything that is non-refundable.

Red, here's where you start.

www.insuremytrip.com

Thanks to you both!! I wrote that down and will look into it...have you guys used this company? I feel like such a virgin for travel insurance, I have never used it and feel if I get it I will have to..lol..I just hope I get the right one and not the one that I misread the tiny print on

bump to see if I can get some ques answered

I always put in the lowest amount and then see what the different ones cover. CSA see to be one of the preferred ones (just from reading the boards) We have never had to use it but if you get really sick and need med evac. it can cost thousands!

Unfortunately friends with us and I have had to use ins, always with Travelguard, and always great.

As said before, go with an independent company because they cover more for the money, and the saying is you don't want to insure with a company you might be filing a claim against.

My suggestion: First, find a company that looks good to you on their website (use the co. names posted by CC members). Then, look at the different policies/coverages they offer to narrow down your final selection. Once you have done that, then you can compare the cost of the chosen policy with other companies which offer the same coverage to see about saving money for the same coverage.

Finally, I always book independent day tours, but never where I have to pre-pay. I also ask what happens if the ship doesn't arrive in port due to weather/whatever. The ones I deal with say that's not a problem. Sometimes a credit card is asked for but not charged unless one doesn't show up; then if the ship doesn't arrive, or if you notify them within their cancellation time frame (ASK!!!) they won't charge the card.

Good luck, and congratulations on making the wise decision to purchase travel insurance. :) Just read the policy carefully---you can cancel it within a few days, as specified once you get the actual policy, so read the fine print when you get the policy.

Hope this helps some.

Cruzin Lady

Archived