Success Booking Group Through Carnival?

Cardinala

For the past 3 years, I have been booking group cruises on Carnival. Not large groups, maybe 20 cabins or so.

Each year, I give Carnival the opportunity to directly book my group for me. So far, they are 0-3. Either I cannot get someone to call me back, or cannot give me the time of day. This year, I got someone on the phone 2 weeks ago. He seemed helpful, but when I sent him an e-mail and he didn't reply, I called Carnival to find out he no longer works with the company, and nobody has taken over my account. Yikes.

So looks like I will have to either book through a travel agent again, or book through an online site. I don't mind paying an extra few bucks if the service is there, and the headaches are not. And everyone in my group feels the same way.

I know many of you book through Carnival directly for your cruises, but this question goes out to all those that may have booked a group cruise directly with Carnival.....Have you had any success???

I have a group going on the Miracle in Aurgust our group received a $100 OBC per cabin, half hour cocktail party and choc covered strawberries. I did not have any problems booking with Carnival but I'm the type of person who would follow up on everything anyway.

I dont know if I just lucked out, but we had a great group planner... she was extremely helpful, let me know if she was going to be away, when her days off were

I thought it was over, but then she sent us a follow up phone call / e-mail to say congrats on teh wedding again, hope the group had a good time etc etc.

She was amazing, I dont know if I can say though... forum rules?

How many cabins do you have to book in your group to get any "perks"? We have about 20 teachers/administration/aides planning a cruise for next June. Some will be past Carnival guests(me included after the next 2 weeks---yippee!!!), so will we get any kind of discount?

I've always booked my carnival group cruises directly through carnival. She's always right on top of things with prices and discounts and which discount rate gives us the better deal. If you want her name and number let me know.

I booked a group for our cruise next week through my PVP at Carnival.

She said it may be better for me to use Carnival's group booking department, but I had her send them all emails and they all booked either by calling her direct or by calling me and I conferenced with her. I also booked extra cabins in my name and simply changed the names as people decided to go.

Pricing may have been better as a 'group,' and there may have been group perks that we missed, but we all did get OBC for price drops and several were also upgraded from interior to balcony cabins so it worked out well.

How many cabins do you have to book in your group to get any "perks"? We have about 20 teachers/administration/aides planning a cruise for next June. Some will be past Carnival guests(me included after the next 2 weeks---yippee!!!), so will we get any kind of discount?

You would have to book 8 cabins 16 person minimum.

Actually, you do not have to have 8 cabins booked for group perks if you have the right TA. Most of the time you can get group perks with as few as 5 cabins / double occupancy if you have a good agent. The 8 cabins that people are always mentioning is for a free berth. How many "perks" you receive will depend upon your ship and sailing date. Each sailing is awarded X number of amenity points and the group host can choose what amenities such as shipboard credits, champagne, wine, cocktail party, photo credits, etc. you wish for the group to receive. In addition you will most likely get a lower fare and can possibly get a reduced deposit. So far, all of our groups have received better discounts than past guest or military when you factor in the shipboard credits. I think we average saving about $150-$200 a person with group but that can vary greatly. Don't forget as a past guest you will also get to go to the past guest cocktail party.

Your group sound so much like mine! Our annual group cruise consist of a couple principals, teachers, aides and school electricians. Contrary to what everyone might think ... this is a wild bunch of folks. People in the school system are expected to carry on in a certain manner around home but get these same people partying on the high sea and oh my gosh .... let's see who's dancin' on the bar tonight!!! (SeaDawg, if you are reading this I would never ever be talking about you)

I would love to share our experience of booking group with you. If you would like to chat one on one email me at caribbeanseadawgs@yahoo.com.

Archived