Review: NCL Dawn to Bermuda 6/01/2008 (Very Long)

AuntieBarb

Thanks, Monte!

Yes, the younger ones have their own credit cards. Well, one doesn't but she'll put cash down.

About the drink plan, though, if you have a drink in your room before going out, don't you still have to buy something in the clubs or lounges? I imagine they don't want you just sitting there.

Just to reaffirm, tell them to stop by their stateroom to fix a drink and take off for the next activity. The "bar tab" will stay much lower and they'll get more exercise that way too! :D

Plus there's other deals, like Beer Helmets, Martini Clinics, Margarita Clinics, etc. (Ooops....I forgot we're talking about 18 year olds....I got carried away with myself reminiscing! LOL!)

may I ask what a " bar setup" is and how much it costs?

A "bar setup" is purchasing bottles of liquor for your stateroom and can be ordered in advance (pre-paid) from the Ship Coordinator, so your liquor is there waiting for you at embarkation. I can't give you up-to-date prices, because the prices just went up. A fifth that used to run $55 is now about $80, I believe. Email groupeventxxxx@ncl.com (changing xxxx to the name of the ship) and specifiy the liquor you are interested in. They will tell you what brands are offered and the price, and take care of your purchase from there if you are interested.

Often stateroom refrigerators will be pre-stocked with "mini-bar" supplies (can ask to have removed; otherwise the steward keeps track of usage and bills your onboard account accordingly), but we brought our own mixers, soda, etc. and asked that it be removed to give us room for our mixers, foo-foo creamer, beer, etc.

We were too late to order a bar set-up, and had to order a bottle from room service. A litre of Johnny Walker Red cost us 45 dollars and with the gratuity factored in cost 51.75. We were told when we boarded at the reception desk that we had to order from room service, and could not go to a bar ourselves to order a bottle, as they only would serve us by the shot. We had to wait until after midnight of embarcation day to order our bottle. We did and it was very easy to get the liquor then.

I wonder now if they wish to discourage people from having this one way of getting around the steep price of liquor on the ships. It is a shame the prices went up. I thought 45 bucks for Johnny Walker Red was steep enough!

And AuntieBarb - in answer to another question, please forgive me for hijacking this thread - we do not have a scanner. All I really have is a computer for transcribing tapes I receive to do my medical transcription work. I have an ancient printer, about 10 years old. No scanner. No fax machine.

Another piece of good news. We had won a piece of art at the "Art Auctions" on a raffle. We opted to get it framed ourselves and the tube just arrived. That's 3 weeks from the day; nice delivery window. Kudos Park West!

Archived