Discount Cruise Prices

Mimi19510

We have found an on-line discount cruise agent that is significantly lower than our local travel agent. Anyone have experiences booking a cruise with any of these discount on line agencies....I'm new...and think I read on here somewhere that you can't mention an agency...is that right?

Thanks

You are right it is against the rules to name travel agents, However I can tell you that we've used many on-line agents...I've always checked them out with the Cruise Line first..I ask them if they deal with this agent & do they also process the payments..Good luck & hope you find a good deal..

We have found an on-line discount cruise agent that is significantly lower than our local travel agent. Anyone have experiences booking a cruise with any of these discount on line agencies....I'm new...and think I read on here somewhere that you can't mention an agency...is that right?

Thanks

Hi Mimi,

We have booked all of our cruises through online companies. Things that you need to be aware of is port charges, taxes and the like. Some companies list them in the price and some don't. You have to compare apples to apples.;) Your best bet is to check several online websites and compare and then check with some local B&M companies. I have seen post stating better deals from the cruiselines. Maybe I don't know how to twist their arms but I have always gotten my best deals with the larger online TA's.

The research and preparation is half of the fun.

Thanks

Your local travel agent will most likely charge you much more than a discount on line agent. Just be aware the on line agents work on volume and will spend as little time with you as they can get away with. Do your homework, follow up to make sure everything is correct, and save lots of money using on line agents.

If you book thru a TA you are uncertain about, check the cruise line's website to verify you are booked. If you don't see anything for a couple of days, contact the cruise line. Also, always pay with a credit card.

Thanks

I've used 2 so far and their prices were lower than any other T/A's and cruise line prices. Although one charged a booking fee, they did offer a $50 on-board credit so that in itself was more than the other sites were offering.

Laurie

Archived