Questions...

VacationGirl

Hi All~

I'm looking to do something special for my husband's "Big" birthday in 2006 and trying to get information from seasoned RSSC passengers. I know that the schedule is not out yet for March of 2006 but I'm a planner...we've done Carnival and RCI but I'm looking to "upgrade" to a smaller ship, more adult age group and we won't be bringing our children.

We like intimate surroundings and don't need to have bingo etc to keep our interests. Love seeing different areas and enjoying our time together to escape busy lifestyles.

I was looking at Celebrity and our travel agent suggested RSSC due to the different iteneraries and smaller ships. Can you provide some insight for me as to what is included in passenger fares and what different things can be expected onboard? Are the formal nights dressier? I am looking at a Navigator Suite or Penthouse A Suite...anyone have an opinion as to which is better?

Thank you so much for your time and insight!

Might I suggest posting your same question at

[url]www.luxurycruisetalk.com[/url]

or, at least, peruse the site. This board is dedicated to RSSC, Silverseas, and Residencseas. Its a wealth of information (even if you choose to stay anonymous and just read).

Greg

You are going to love RSSC. We upgraded to them from Princess last May and haven't looked back. We're now hoping to work our way through the whole fleet. :)

All of your non-alcoholic beverages will be included. You'll have an in-suite fridge which will contain a basic setup when you arrive. They will swap it out for whatever you prefer. In my case, I always ask for Diet Coke, Club Soda and bottled water.

You'll have a choice of two bottles of non-premium liquor/wine or one bottle of premium liquor (like Grey Goose) for your in-room setup. We just got off Diamond and they had a wine list for us to choose our 2 bottles of wine.

Wine at dinner will be included in your fare. Also, you will have several cocktail parties where wine is included. On Diamond we had a sailaway party (drinks included), a welcome party from the Captain (drinks included) and a goodbye party the last night. Yep, you guessed it, drinks included again.

Tips are included in your fare as well.

I can't really describe just how different it is. Once you try it, you'll understand exactly what I mean. Like you, our prior experience was on the mass market lines. Just the check-in alone spoils you. No lines and they welcome you onboard with a glass of champagne.

We haven't tried the suites yet, but from what I've heard, they are amazing. Our 25th is coming up in 3 years and we'll splurge for that one.

Totally agree with Greg's suggestion. Like him, I'm also a regular on LCT. Great info available there. (And most of us also keep checking CC since we all got our start there.)

Whatever RSSC ship and room you decide on, I can guarantee that you'll have an incredible vacation.

Kathy

THEY ARE OFFERING GREAT DEALS NOW ON VERY DELUXE TERRIFFIC SHIPS. THEY ARE COSTING LESS THAN RCCL AND PRINCESS. SAY WHAT THE HECK, GET RID OF THE KIDS AND TEST THE WATERS!!!THEY HAVE GREAT DEALS FOR NOV AND DEC . GOOD LUCK. [email="sALONSYDNEY@AOL.COM"]sALONSYDNEY@AOL.COM[/email]

Archived