How long in advance can I purchase?

madiandcindy

Hello all,

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am a first time cruise and have booked the 7 night on the Carnival Conquest to Cozumel, Jamaica, and Cayman Islands. How far in advance can I book my excursions? Not sure if it is smart to do it so early we are sailing out on Sept. 21. But it would be nice to have it all taken care of now. If something in the itenerary changes later can you just adjust your reservations? Thanks so much!

Not sure if you are booking your excursions through the cruiseline or not...

I have already booked my excursions through independent companies for my cruise in October. I get paranoid that with all the raves for different companies that EVERYONE is going to want to do that tour and they will fill up if I wait too long. I know that this probably isn't the case and you can probably book things within days of sailing, but I sure do like the peace of mind it gives me to know that I am all set, all I have to do now is wait! :D So basically, I do not think it matters when you book. But personally, we decided on what we wanted to do and booked them, now we dont have to worry!

Most companies are aware of intinerary changes when they happen during the cruise. They will be prepared for you if you arrive a different day than originally planned. Just get with them at the time of booking and understand their policy for itinerary changes and cancelled ports.

I have never booked an excursion through the cruiseline so I am not sure how they work, but I would imagine that they would refund your excursion charge if you should not make a port. Hope that helped!

Are you sailing out THIS Sept?? 2008? Many people have probably already purchased their excursions this close to the date. Some of the cheaper ones may have already sold out. If one sells out then they save some space and you can often purchase it once you are onboard.

Hello all,

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am a first time cruise and have booked the 7 night on the Carnival Conquest to Cozumel, Jamaica, and Cayman Islands. How far in advance can I book my excursions? Not sure if it is smart to do it so early we are sailing out on Sept. 21. But it would be nice to have it all taken care of now. If something in the itenerary changes later can you just adjust your reservations? Thanks so much!

You are not too early; people book many, many months in advance. Whether you book indendently or through the cruise ship, they will adjust your reservation if your itinerary changes, or refund if your ship doesn't make port.

Any ideas on what you want to do? Looking for a lively place, or something more quiet and laid back? There are several threads here on places like Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum, and Passion Island. Check them out if you are looking for a beach day!

Archived