Wife Get Away

My wife would like to go on a short cruise with her and a couple of her friends. Any recommendations?

Square

Song of America

Song of Norway

Granduer of the Seas - 2 times

Navigator of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

When you say short, do you mean less than a week? If so, keep in mind that the cruise lines usually use their older ships for the shorter cruises.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Oh they will have a blast. I did this by myself last year - actually it was my mothers day gift from my husband and daughter. Loved every second. I did a Carnival ship out of LA - The great thing is you really do have so many options to choose from. I have only done Carnival for the short trips and now the 30th we are going on our first RCCL for a quick three day - so zero experience with RCCL - but they will have a wonderful time no matter which ship they choose.

Fantasy 11/91

Ecstasy 1/98

Fascination 11/99

Paradise 2/00

Imagination 4/02

Ecstasy 5/03

Paradise 10/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;4;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we leave on the Sovereign

Last October my sister and I did the Mexican Rivera on the Princess Star and had a blast. No kids, no husbands no worries.

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Went on a 4 night Bahamas last year on the Sovereign. We had a blast. If you are concerned about the older ships, either Carnival Glory or Miracle has a short itinerary. They are new ships.

Thanks!

Peggy

Mariner,Here we come!! (Subtract 2 for my wedding)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

devwmn.gif

Yes...I would say to try to go for as many days as possible! Highly recommend flying in the day before. If it's mid-winter...go far south for the warmth. We loved the Serenade! If it has to be short...which I don't recommend...I think the Majesty is a good choice, but for at least 4 days! Out with the girls...they'll have fun on any ship!

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02

Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03

Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03

Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03

Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

My wife and daughter are booked on a weekend trip on Sovereign this fall. Yes, she's an older ship but has a GREAT crew and intimate feel. Plus being near Orlando (Port Canaveral) gives them lot's of options on shopping, dining, etc. (not to mention theme parks).

The rates are excellent for this fall. A few bargains in close but most of the summer rates are peaking now.

the monarch has been completely renovated. its very nice. 4 days out of L.A.

Keep in mind, alot of teens are on this cruise the week school gets out.

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94

Carnival, Holiday 12/95

Carnival, Jubilee 12/96

Royal's, Song of America 11/98

Celebrity Galaxy 9/99

Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00

Celebrity, Millennium 12/00

Royal's Vision 2/02

Royal's Vision 12/02

Royal's Monarch 6/03

Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

I just did the 3 night Monarch Baja cruise with 7 girlfriends. We had a blast, no husbands, no kids (between the 8 of us, we have a total of 22 kids under the age of 16!). It worked out perfectly for us, as we left Friday afternoon while the kids were at school and it was easy for the dads to take off early from work. I was back in time Monday morning to pick up our youngest from preschool at 11:30. We may even do it again in September!

Monarch of the Seas 03/04 My Need-A-Vacation-NOW-Cruise

Vision of the Seas-Mexican Riviera 1/03

Viking Serenade-Ensenada 12/93

Regent Star- Inside Passage 6/91

Can I be your wife too? icon_wink.gif (Just kidding honey, if you're reading this)

Actually, my sisters and I did a 3 day Bahamas on NCL in Dec. '02. The weather was a little on the chilly side but we had fun anyway.

My friends and I plan on doing the Bahamas this year in Sept.(4 days) I'm looking at RCL. The prices can't be beat! Good luck, Karen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  to get me outta here!

<MARQUEEdirection=leftwidth=33%>___/7___/7____

\:::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~</MARQUEE>

my husband and I did Celebrity Constellation this march from SJ - amazing no kids!!! relaxing, wonderful experience we are taking the kids on VOS in november, then our turn again, I did not think it would be that much different without the kids but WOW!! Sleeping in, not worrying about that 2nd or 3rd martini, beaches and relaxing wonderful, even just laying out by the pool reading a good book without worrying where the kids were and who they might be bothering. I forgot how quiet and relaxing a meal could be. I even loved staying in the cabin some evenings when my husband was the casion and renting "chick" flicks - no interruptions. We looked at many 4- 5 day cruises because it is so difficult to leave the kids (someone to watch them) for 8 days, flying in a day before, but we found the price diff. between 4-7 if you watch closely was not much, so we went with 7 and will DEFINATELY do it again. Good luck and have a wonderful time.

I had read a post here from a woman (would be even better from a man to his wife, she would never expect it) that she picked up little presents for her husband for each day of the trip - I did the same and had them on his pillow in pretty tissue paper( wrapped them onboard so no security issues at airports) when he came out of the shower each am, nothing expensive, small and easy to pack, some "adult fun" items (no worries about the kids knocking on the door!!!) a few of his favorite snacks, simple danish butter cookies and a CD he had been wanting, and he listend to on deck - he really appreciated it and it only cost me about $50.00 total, it was a great suggestion from another post and fun for me to pick up here and there the months before our cruise!!

Archived