transfers San Francisco to Senoma Valley pre cruise

midwife

We are going to spend some time in Senoma Valley prior to our cruise and i am looking for recommendations of companies to transfer us from SF airport to our hotel in Senoma Valley.

Can anyone help please?

Peta

We are going to spend some time in Senoma Valley prior to our cruise and i am looking for recommendations of companies to transfer us from SF airport to our hotel in Senoma Valley.

Can anyone help please?

Peta

If you mean Sonoma in the Napa Valley, you could take the Supershuttle, but my recommendation would be to rent a car so that you can go from winery to winery for tasting. It's about an 1.5 hour depending on traffic.

Danny

Hmmmmm, confused by the reply. Sonoma and Napa are two different places. They border each other - they are both wine growing regions, but they are different.

To the OP - you really might think about a car in Sonoma - rolling hills, miles of vineyards - and while stunning, it is farmland. Very few taxis.

Don't take super shuttle - they don't even go north to Marin, let alone Sonoma. Here are your choices (I've never used any of these, but I see the airporter quite often)

http://www.sonomaairporter.com/

http://www.airportexpressinc.com/schedule_sfo.html

I agree with renting a car. If you really want to see anything in either (or both) the Sonoma or Napa valley areas, and visit the maximum number of wineries and other sights, you need a car. While it is about 1.5 hours, it is not a difficult drive (as long as you go through the City at something other than rush hours) as long as you have a decent map or GPS.

Even with gas it will be cheaper than a car service and you will then have a way to get around. There is really not sufficient public transportation in the area, and cabs are not only expensive but hard to come by.

Rent and return at the SFO airport, then shuttle back to the cruise port.

Thanks for the information. We were going to rent a car however we will have been travelling for about 20 hours by the time we get to San Francisco and thought that jet lag might cause a problem.

Peta

the logical way to get from airport to sonoma (at least to me) would be to take 380 to 280 and up hiway 1/ golden gate bridge, to 101 north to hiway 37.

just a warning--if it is this summer, 19th ave in SF (hiway 1) is under construction.

also, if you go 101 north from the airport to Hiway 80 to bay bridge and north 80, you will also run into lots of traffic except in the middle of the day. sometimes it can take an hour to get from the south edge of the city to the bay bridge (about 4 miles).

so be prepared for traffic.

Archived