Yokohama to Tokyo airport

shipsmail

We will be on the SHADOW with Yokohama as debarkation port in May 2009. How far is it from Yokohama to Tokyo's Narita airport. Flights back to Europe start normally before noon. Is it feasable the same day or should we plan an extra night in Tokyo?

Thank you for opinions.

Or you can take a limousine bus from Yokohama Station. Buses are more frequent than the Narita Express. Their weakness is being subject to traffic conditions, although I once got to Narita in an hour and 10 minutes (scheduled travel time is 90 minutes).

• 2 weeks later...

I am living in Yokohama, so I will tell you my opinion...

If your depature time of your flight before noon, you may stay a night in Yokohama, Tokyo or Narita.

How to get to Narita Express (90min) from Yokohama Station

- Limousine Bus : (90-120min) from YCAT (near Yokohama Station)

Time Table of Limousine (http://www.ycat.co.jp/bus/narita%20e.htm)

If you carry heavy/some baggages, I recommend to take Limousine. It takes you directly in the front of Depature Entrance at airport. When you take train, you need to carry them and take walk in the station and from station to airport.

If you stay in Yokohama, Limousine picks you up at some hotels. or you can take a taxi to go to YCAT or Station. (about $15USD from port to YCAT/Yokohama Station)

If you want to stay in Tokyo, it takes 30min by train from Tokyo. But you shouldn't take it in RUSH HOUR!! It must be terrible. You want to take taxi? I don't think it is good idea, because t takes more than US$200.

If you have any question, please let me know. I will try to answer to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the info. Very much appreciated. I have just learned that our flight back to Europe will leave at 09.30 h a.m. Therefore after leaving the ship we probably will take a transfer from Yokohama directly to Narita and stay at a hotel at the airport to be on site in the early morning.

I am living in Yokohama, so I will tell you my opinion...

If your depature time of your flight before noon, you may stay a night in Yokohama, Tokyo or Narita.

How to get to Narita Express (90min) from Yokohama Station

- Limousine Bus : (90-120min) from YCAT (near Yokohama Station)

Time Table of Limousine (http://www.ycat.co.jp/bus/narita%20e.htm)

If you carry heavy/some baggages, I recommend to take Limousine. It takes you directly in the front of Depature Entrance at airport. When you take train, you need to carry them and take walk in the station and from station to airport.

If you stay in Yokohama, Limousine picks you up at some hotels. or you can take a taxi to go to YCAT or Station. (about $15USD from port to YCAT/Yokohama Station)

If you want to stay in Tokyo, it takes 30min by train from Tokyo. But you shouldn't take it in RUSH HOUR!! It must be terrible. You want to take taxi? I don't think it is good idea, because t takes more than US$200.

If you have any question, please let me know. I will try to answer to help you.

• 5 years later...

I found airfare for so much less from Narita than Haneda, that I finally just decided we will fly out of that airport for our return. We are going to be staying in Japan for about a week after the cruise anyway - so will just plan on winding our way back to Tokyo as the time draws to a close.

• 2 weeks later...
I found airfare for so much less from Narita than Haneda, that I finally just decided we will fly out of that airport for our return. We are going to be staying in Japan for about a week after the cruise anyway - so will just plan on winding our way back to Tokyo as the time draws to a close.

We are also disembarking in yokahama and then staying 5 nts in Tokyo, looking for the best way to get to Tokyo. One car service quoted me approx $200.

We are also disembarking in yokahama and then staying 5 nts in Tokyo, looking for the best way to get to Tokyo. One car service quoted me approx $200.

I am looking into the Japan Bus Pass. We are going to be traveling between 4 cities, the 5 day pass is quite reasonable & the days don't have to be used consecutively (there is a 3 day pass as well). It's a great deal if I can make it work - it's only available to foreigners in Japan. The rate if you buy for use within 2 months of purchase is so reasonable. It is for bus travel between cities.

The only issue is how hard it is to reserve a spot on the buses in advance. The luggage is what would make rail travel a real challenge & there is no way on the subways - no space for luggage at all I read. I sent an email with questions on how difficult it is to make reservations in advance - will post this on our roll call as well gailnnels.

• 2 weeks later...

My option is a bit tougher. I´ll be getting at 19:00, the ship will be overnight in Yokohama. So, I have planned the following day for exploring Tokyo (the ship leaves at 10:00 PM). So as I go to the ship from the airport the night before, I would love to visit "tokyo by night".

I wonder what would be cheaper and more convenient. A private tranfer from the airport with a night city tour included, or getting to Tokyo from the ship after having checked in. How safe is Tokyo?. Are there all night trains from Tokyo-Yokohama?.

I did some research for my own situation and I found that the trains between Tokyo and Yokohama do not run from midnight to about 4.30 am !

I was in Tokyo 2 years ago and I found that it has to be one of the safest places on earth after midnight if of course you stay in ''respectable'' areas !