Most Photographed Caribbean Cruise Scene

TheRoff

I had to chuckle when I checked onto the site this evening. The opening picture is/was three ships in the harbor in St. Thomas from the review of a member’s first cruise. (A nice review I might add.) I realized I had two pictures, one from 2004 and one from 2008 of three ships from the same overlook. I am willing to bet that shot from the overlook in St. Thomas is one of the most popular. Any one else have the picture?

stthomas2004.jpg

stthomas2008.jpg

I think we've all got the same view.....lol..... I got mine, on a bus going to Magen's Bay through the window.

st20thomas20120003MA10646031-0012.jpg

Now, let's see who can top this. Same port, St. Thomas, and how many ships have you been with on that port?? Mine in Jan. 2005 was 9 ships on one day. We had 2 docked on one side of the pier, 2 on the other and 4 anchored. You can sort of see 7 of them here. It was crazy.

2442668040083698419.jpg

2327137710083698419.jpg

I do, but it was before I had a digital camera! I think about that every time I see that shot - EVERYONE who has sailed to St. Thomas (which is almost everyone who has sailed the Caribbean!) has the same photo!

I had to chuckle when I checked onto the site this evening. The opening picture is/was three ships in the harbor in St. Thomas from the review of a member’s first cruise. (A nice review I might add.) I realized I had two pictures, one from 2004 and one from 2008 of three ships from the same overlook. I am willing to bet that shot from the overlook in St. Thomas is one of the most popular. Any one else have the picture?

stthomas2004.jpg

stthomas2008.jpg

I don't have one, cause I've never been, BUT I WANT TO GO NOW!!!!!:D

Neither one of these is my best photo, but I definitely have this shot. They were both taken on a hazy day this past May. My wifes niece and her fiance had a wedding their and we stayed for five days. It was a lot of fun and we stayed at a resort on the island.

Anyway, the first shot I zoomed in 250 mm and the 2nd shot I used an 18 mm lens to get an entirely different view of the island. I use a Tamron Lens on vacation that has a 18 to 250mm lens. This allows me to travel with one lens and a Nikon DSLR D50.

DSC_0304.jpg.a94c72d50b27aef9c993f41a0a5e6089.jpg

DSC_0305_2_.jpg.b589419b0038350591ffd362785d86e5.jpg

Archived