Norwegian Gem Barcelona to New York 16 Nov .. anyone else

Doonan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, ;)

Doing 2 cruises Back to Back on the NCL Gem, getting on the Ship a week earlier, Nov 9th on a RT week long sail from Barcelona and staying to do the following Transatlantic cruise Nov 16th. Will be going with my sister, a widow. she's lots of fun! Her name is Annie and I am Michael and we live in NYC.

Any other family going? Write and introduce yourself!

My email is GWHM@aol.com.

:) Michael

Hello Michael .. So we have the start for FD meets .. great

Being in Australia it's a long way to Europe etc .. so when we go away its always for a couple of months.

We did the Celebrity Galaxy from Athens for 28 days over the Atlantic and ending in Puerto Rico and just lover the crossing last year .. so this year we looked for something in to New York .. so its the Gem. We had a great crowd on Galaxy for the FD daily get togethers .. lots of laughs.

So this trip its direct to Barcelona for a couple of days .. Gem to NY then we go down to DC and FLL to get Celebrity Infinity for 28 days ending in Buenos Aires.

This is first time on NCL .. the ships looks great but I am not sure about the dinning (? .. tell me is it a hassle when one likes to eat around 8.30 .. prefer table with other people so share). Though many in Australia eat early as with US ... I (Neil) come from London and I like to have time for coctails then a late dinner and the late show.

In port we are always one of the first/last on and off the ship and we like to go on tours and see the places .. and in each place find a local restaurant used by locals for lunch and a local wine.

So we have the start for our FD meetings ... I hope the ship has these on its daily program as with Celebrity.

Cheers

Carlos & Neil

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! My friend Terry and I will be on board with you! ;)

This will be my second NCL cruise, and they had a FD meet and greet on the first one I went on. I didn't attend because I was traveling with my Mom on that trip and just didn't have time.

We look forward to meeting all of you on board. :)

Brian

Welcome Brian and Terry

We were on the Jewel sailing the Baltic. The FD meeting was always at 7:00 pm. That, unfortunately was the worst time as we were either having dinner or getting to a show so we never showed up. Hope we can meet some of you on the Gem.

David (and Paul)

Hello David & Paul - Brian & Terry

Thats great looks like with Mike we will have 7 people at FD .. thats a good start.

We are late eaters but guess it will all work out on the on the ship. As we have never been on NCL before have no idea on any arrangements other than I guess the daily paper.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello David & Paul .. Mike, Brian and Terry

Yes .. we leave Australia in just over 2 weeks with a few days in Barcelona before the cruise (and a long flight).

We are excited as it's the start of a 2 month trip but its hard to pack for this time with just 20 kilos (as they say in OZ we will have to leave the frocks behind).

Hope they have the FD early on .. though we will go the the CC Party on the 17th at 4.30

Hope you all have a save trip to Barcelona

Carlos and Neil

Meet you guys soon

Carlos & Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone,

I've been concentrating so much on the general roll call that I think we've all been contributing to that I just thought today to look for a G/L thread for the Gem TA cruise.

My partner Chad and I will be on this cruise, as well. We're from Downers Grove, Illinois, about 25 miles west of downtown Chicago.

I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about the TA part of the cruise. I can get bored REALLY easily. I hope to meet several of you there.

There's also another gay couple who I haven't met yet from the Chicago area who just signed up for this cruise as well. They'll be on the same flight as we are for the first half of our flight to Europe. We leave the night of the 14th for Dublin. They're staying in Dublin that night and flying to Barcelona the morning of the 16th--we're flying to Barcelona the evening of the 15th.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

--Michael

Hi Micheal and Chad,

Great to have another couple joining the Gem in only 7 days. We were on a TA cruise from Miami to Rome this April and it was the best five days with not pressure to tour and just relax. I too get bored very easily. But having a late start, a couple of ship activities, a few hours at the gym. The day goes really quickly and you get to really relax. It think it is great. Beside, looks like a lot of homos on this ship. Hope to meet you guys next week.

Hi Guys .. just a couple of days and we are on our way to Barcelona .. look forward to meeting at the sailaway or the FD meet

I agree the TA is great .. we also did it last year

Have save trips

Carlos & Neil

Archived