Laundry Room on Destiny

Hi

Can anyone please tell me if there is a laundry room on the Destiny ? There is not one indicated on the map ship. I dont think we all have enough undies for 2 weeks - might have to send to ships laundry - does anyone know how much this costs?

Tracey - Ann X

A 2 week cruise is not a problem re underware. I remember a bloke at college who made a pair last four weeks, regular, back to front, inside out regular and inside out back to front :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah!, those were the days :)

Seriously I remember reading on some forum, it might have been this one, that Destiny did have a laundry hidden away somewhere.

The other poster was talking about the Carnival Destiny, not the Thomson one, my mistake. :o

It can get confusing when more than one ship has almost the same name, e.g. the Celebration and Thomson Celebration where I was momentarily panicked at the mention of a 15% bar gratuity. Of course Thomsons do not add anything although you can tip the staff if you want, especially if they can magically remove all those drinks from your bar bill so you won't get in trouble with your significant other!, however the magic of computers means you are in the system and therefore doomed.

Apologies for the gross memories, at least girls are cleaner than teenage boys.

I reckon that for a 14 night cruise I would pack for a 7 nighter and add a couple of extra items to cover the day when the ships laundry wash your clothes. Laundry costs should still be a lot cheaper than buying all those additional items, even if the cost is 1 pound per item. This is what I intend to do next year on a 2 weeker.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can always wash out your undies in the bathroom and just leave them on the towel rail to dry. You can buy travel wash from Superdrug. I quite often do this as I can't stand having bags of dirty washing in the bottom of the wardrobe!!!!

:rolleyes:

just returned from Calypso and we had a washing line in the bathroom (one of those retractable ones) just washed out the pants when we had our shower...hung them on the line and they were dry in the morning...most supermarkets do Travel wash...mine is Ariel in a white bottle with blue lid....hope that helps.

Hi

Can anyone please tell me if there is a laundry room on the Destiny ? There is not one indicated on the map ship. I dont think we all have enough undies for 2 weeks - might have to send to ships laundry - does anyone know how much this costs?

Tracey - Ann X

Best to buy more underwear

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there used to be several self-service laundries onboard "Sunbird" but I think Tui deleted them when they re-modded the ship.. I've not been on it since it was Sunbird, but im due on it next week....

Archived