Legend June 8th, Absolutely Amazing!

mom2girls

Day 5 Belize:

I woke up early again today because I was very excited to be back in Belize. The other two times I was here I enjoyed myself immensely with cave tubing and snorkeling/Bannister Island. Today, I was looking forward to another exciting adventure. We were going to go horseback riding through the jungle and then relax at Bacab Eco Park. (Originally we wanted to book the Captain Your Own Boat excursion with Coral Breeze. But, at least 4 people needed to book. We didn’t have anyone else with us. So, maybe we can do this on another trip.)

I got up to look out the balcony. Low and behold what a sight to see. There’s the Valor! I got some absolutely beautiful pictures.

Carnival_valor_6_11_20082.jpg

Russ was awake so I encouraged him to go out on deck because I thought we could actually see the sunrise this morning. (We tried this the last 2 mornings, but it was just too cloudy.) We watched the sunrise which was beautiful. Then we grabbed a quick bite to eat before we went to the Follies Lounge to meet our group and go on the tender. Since our tour wasn’t as long as the cave tubing tours we didn’t need to be there quite as early as everyone else did. So, it was nice going without the stampede of people. (I went looking for the sunrise pictures from Belize, but I guess Russ hasn't downloaded them yet. I do have the ones from Roatan, so you will see those when I get to Roatan in my review.)

Legend_Belize_6_12_20082.jpg

Legend_Belize_6_12_200814.jpg

Legend_Belize_6_12_200816.jpg

Legend_Belize_6_12_200815-1.jpg

Waiting our turn to be called was pretty quick and painless. Before we knew it we were on a tender toward the mainland. I honestly enjoy the tender rides. It’s so nice to be out on the water, and feel the breeze from the sea. Ahhhh, the fresh ocean air! Once we got on land we were quickly instructed where to wait.

Belize continued:

We only had to wait a few short minutes until our guide got there. Of course, our guide had to wait until we were on the bus before he told us that the air conditioning was not working. Ugh, it was going to be a long and hot ride to Bacab Eco Park. Our guide did promise us that the air would be working for our return trip back to the pier. On the way our guide was kind enough to tell us about the different things we were passing. We passed many children in uniforms who were on their way to school. This leads me to believe that most of the schools are private, but I wasn’t close enough to our guide to ask him. It was very obvious as we drove through the city that it was a poor country. There were bars on every window. Many of the building showed obvious wear and tear.

Legend_Belize_6_12_200826-1.jpg

Legend_Belize_6_12_200824.jpg

Legend_Belize_6_12_200820.jpg

Legend_Belize_6_12_200825.jpg

Hi again mom2girls/my colleague from another state :p

Beautiful pic of the Valor. Absolutely gorgeous.

I loved Belize when I went, and I think that was the place where I asked about the uniforms. I think they told me all the kids wear them...not for private schools. I may be remembering incorrectly :o

At any rate...loving the review. I can't wait to see more!! You have great pictures, and you are kind to spend time sharing them with us so that we can experience your cruise with you!

You have the same flip flops as me!! I bought them like 2 days before we left for our cruise last month because I wanted something comfy and grippy so I hopefully wouldn't slip on the wet decks. I loved them and they really worked out great! I just thought it was funny when I saw them on your feet too!

Haha! I didn't even notice that! I have those B&W Nike flip flops, too! They are super comfy; I did wear them on my cruise our last sea day out to the Aft pool! Awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures with the review, it really makes it more special. We've just gone under the 200 day mark until we sail on Splendor and seeing photos of your great cruise, really make me excited to sail again! Thanks again!

Hi again mom2girls/my colleague from another state :p

Beautiful pic of the Valor. Absolutely gorgeous.

I loved Belize when I went' date=' and I think that was the place where I asked about the uniforms. I think they told me all the kids wear them...not for private schools. I may be remembering incorrectly :o

At any rate...loving the review. I can't wait to see more!! You have great pictures, and you are kind to spend time sharing them with us so that we can experience your cruise with you![/quote']

Yes, i put that picture of the Valor as my wallpaper on my computer. I love it! I don't mind sharing. Others have done it before me, and others will do it after me. I just do it to help others until it is their turn to cruise:)

Haha! I didn't even notice that! I have those B&W Nike flip flops, too! They are super comfy; I did wear them on my cruise our last sea day out to the Aft pool! Awesome!

I guess those shoes are popular! :) I seem to live in them in the summer.

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures with the review, it really makes it more special. We've just gone under the 200 day mark until we sail on Splendor and seeing photos of your great cruise, really make me excited to sail again! Thanks again!

No problem! Wow, you're going on the Splendor! I bet you're really looking forward to that.

My sister and I are surprising our parents with the cruise for their 40th anniversary present. Their anniversary is in August and we're going to present them with the cruise then, so they can have a few months to gear before January 3rd arrives. My wife, my parents and my sister's kids have never cruised before. Only, my sister and brother in law, know what's in store and yes we are all very excited, especially going on Splendor!

Day 4 Cozumel continued:

We arrived at C & C, and the party was certainly happening. I had walked through this place a couple of times before, but I guess that was in the morning before things started happening. This is a fun place to go even if you don’t drink. You can just watch all the people. I’m pretty sure the people who work there enjoy their jobs because they participate in the fun too. There’s lots of singing and dancing. They really do a lot to get you to participate.

I lived in Mexico for 5 months back in 2002. It was at the same time both the hardest and absolutely most fun period of time in my whole life! I worked at both Slices for 2 months and Dady Rock for 2 months, a shot girl at both places. While at Slices, I worked literally a month and a half with no days off... but when your job is basically a professional partier, it's not like work. It's like going out every night. ;) And I did... even when I eventually got days off! You're right, at least for me, I loved it!

My sister and I are surprising our parents with the cruise for their 40th anniversary present. Their anniversary is in August and we're going to present them with the cruise then, so they can have a few months to gear before January 3rd arrives. My wife, my parents and my sister's kids have never cruised before. Only, my sister and brother in law, know what's in store and yes we are all very excited, especially going on Splendor!

Wow, what a great anniversary present!

I lived in Mexico for 5 months back in 2002. It was at the same time both the hardest and absolutely most fun period of time in my whole life! I worked at both Slices for 2 months and Dady Rock for 2 months, a shot girl at both places. While at Slices, I worked literally a month and a half with no days off... but when your job is basically a professional partier, it's not like work. It's like going out every night. ;) And I did... even when I eventually got days off! You're right, at least for me, I loved it!

Yes, I could tell that the workers loved it. I'm sure many young people would love to work in a plce like this!

You have some amazing pictures from Belize! Thank you!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them.

What a wonderful review! I am not asiling on this ship, but I read them all so I can see other's review of the ports!:D Love all the pictures

:cool:

Thanks! I'm sure you'll love the Inspiration. I've been on her twice. She's my second favorite ship!

Day 5 Belize continued:

Finally, we arrived at the park! (If the air had been working, it probably wouldn’t have seemed to take so long.) Once there we were instructed to put our things in a locker. But, to make sure to bring your bug spray with you. (After reading these boards for so long you would have thought that I would have remembered to bring some with me.) Anyway, they sold bug repellent in the little gift shop they had. So, we bought some and put on the parts of our bodies that were not covered. (For those of you who plan on doing this excursion I suggest you spray yourself from head to toe before you get dressed in the morning.) The repellent did help, but those darn mosquitoes just bit through my T-shirt and jeans. Russ, actually was bit more than me. I wonder if they just liked the color of his shirt because he seemed to be covered with them toward the end of the horse ride.

Anyway, back to the tour. Once everyone was ready for the horses we were instructed to get into two different lines. One line was for experienced horse riders. The other was for inexperienced horse riders. (They said the experienced line was for those who have ridden 3 or more times, but I didn’t feel comfortable enough to go in that line since it had been so long since I had ridden a horse.) I ended up on a very nice gray horse named Silver. She was very gentle, but would go when I needed her to go. Russ ended up on a brown horse named Geronimo. This horse seemed to be starving because every few seconds he wanted to eat. Russ had to be very firm with him in order to get him to go. :)

Belize_horseback_riding_misc_6_1-2.jpg

This is at the entrance of Bacab Eco Park.

Belize_horseback_riding_misc_6_1-3.jpg

The guide is giving us directions.

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_200-1.jpg

Russ on Geronimo!

Belize_horse_back_ride_a_6_12_20082.jpg

Starting out on the trail.

While on the trail we saw many interesting things. We saw lots of hive looking things. We were told that these were made by termites. I also was able to see 2 different monkeys high in the trees. I tried to take pictures, but it’s difficult to see them. There had recently been some rain, so we did go through some wet spots. But, only the horses got wet. We also went up quite a steep hill. We were instructed to lean back. I’m assuming this made it easier for the horses.

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_20085.jpg

Geronimo eating.

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_20088.jpg

You can see one of the termite hives in this picture.

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_200814.jpg

There is a monkey in the middle of this picture, but it's difficult to see.

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_200819.jpg

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_200817.jpg

Belize_Horseback_riding_6_12_200-1.jpg

Day 4: Cozumel

We woke up bright and early. We had looked forward to this day since the day we booked our Twister/Passion Island excursion. We didn’t need to meet the Passion Island rep (Melizza) until 10:30 ship’s time, so we decided to eat breakfast in the dining room.

Great Review! Got a couple of questions for you:

1. What time (ship time) was your ship scheduled to dock in Cozumel if you didn't have to meet Melizza until 10:30am ship time?
  2. How long did the taxi ride take from the pier area to the boat taking you to Passion Island?
  3. What time did you leave Passion Island and did you leave with the other people you came with? (or did you leave separately?)
  4. What time was ship scheduled to leave Cozumel that night and what time did you get back to it? (how much time did you have after Passion Island to walk around/explore?)

We are seriously looking at booking through tourcozumel (dot) com for our cruise.

Great Review! Got a couple of questions for you:
  1. What time (ship time) was your ship scheduled to dock in Cozumel if you didn't have to meet Melizza until 10:30am ship time?
  2. How long did the taxi ride take from the pier area to the boat taking you to Passion Island?
  3. What time did you leave Passion Island and did you leave with the other people you came with? (or did you leave separately?)
  4. What time was ship scheduled to leave Cozumel that night and what time did you get back to it? (how much time did you have after Passion Island to walk around/explore?)

We are seriously looking at booking through tourcozumel (dot) com for our cruise.

We were scheduled to dock at 10:00 which was 9:00 Mexico time.

I'm not sure how long the taxi ride was, but it certainly couldn't have been more than 15-20 minutes. Then about another 10 minutes or so on the ferry. It seemed pretty quick to me.

The ship was scheduled to sail at 6:00. We were supposed to be back on board at 5:30. I'm pretty sure we were on board between 4:30 and 5:00. (My memory is a little fuzzy here.) We left Passion Island around 1:30. This was earlier than originally scheduled because we wanted to shop and go to C & C. All 6 of us left at the same time since we all wanted to go to C & C. But, we did the Twister excursion. It may be different if you go there by taxi and ferry.

If you book with tourcozumel you won't regret it! They were wonderful to work with. Carrie is awesome!

Hi Mom2Girls,

I finally got a chance to read through your review (what you have so far) and see all the wonderful photos you took...I still can't believe you took 1,000 photos!!!! I liked your review and photos so much, that I forwarded the thread link to another person who contacted me via email because she is in the process of planning her vacation. I know she will love seeing all your photos and reading your review. I can't wait to finish reading the rest. You're doing a GREAT job and your photos make me feel as though I am on the Legend again and now I want to go back....like right now! :D

Sync421 - I read through your trip report and looked at all your photos as well...yours were AWESOME too! Good job ladies!

Hmmm, I don't know why they're bigger than the monitor. I'm not having a problem. I'm using my laptop which I believe is a 15 inch monitor. Thanks for the compliment on the pictures.

how are you inserting the pictures?

Hi Mom2Girls,

I finally got a chance to read through your review (what you have so far) and see all the wonderful photos you took...I still can't believe you took 1,000 photos!!!! I liked your review and photos so much, that I forwarded the thread link to another person who contacted me via email because she is in the process of planning her vacation. I know she will love seeing all your photos and reading your review. I can't wait to finish reading the rest. You're doing a GREAT job and your photos make me feel as though I am on the Legend again and now I want to go back....like right now! :D

Sync421 - I read through your trip report and looked at all your photos as well...yours were AWESOME too! Good job ladies!

Thank you so much! Maybe I can get Carnival to pay me? LOL!

mom, your pics are amazing. What type of camera do you have?. I am looking to buy a new one and trying to decide. Thanks!

I'm not sure which models they are, but one of them is a Sony. The waterproof one is a Sanyo digital. I'll have to remember to ask my boyfriend.

how are you inserting the pictures?
I'm using the image code from photobucket.

I'm really enjoying your review. The only problem I see with it is it makes me NEED a cruise that much more!!!

Actually, I'm having the same problem while writing the review. It makes me think about other cruises I want to book.

Belize continued:

After the trail we went back to the park. The first thing we saw after walking into the resort area was an iguana. He was very cute, and stood still while we took pictures. He finally did scanter off so we decided to find a place near the pool to settle down. Then, it was off to lunch. The lunch was very good. They had chicken, rice and beans, potato salad, fried plantains, fresh fruit, and fresh juice. I am very impressed with this park. It is absolutely beautiful!

Belize_igauna_6_12_2008-1-1.jpg

Belize_pool_area_6_12_20082-1.jpg

Belize_pool_area_6_12_200811.jpg

Belize_pool_area_6_12_200812.jpg

Archived