Valor Sold Out 2/6/05?

parmus

I have been checking carnival's website for availability recently and now it's not there for that date. Does that mean it's sold out? We're on that cruise and I'm concerned they sold to a huge group. I've heard carnival has done that in the past. Could that be true also?

Maybe, maybe not... it is not common for a cruise to sell out, but that does not mean they chartered the ship. If they had, they will let you know. Our October cruise was sold out in May... just a popular cruise. Not uncommon for a cruise to sell out 3 months ahead of time... don't worry :D

Keep in mind it may not be a charter, but some group could be holding a convention and therefore booked a large block of rooms. If this is the case they do NOT notify you. Last year while sailing on RC Voyager we boarded to find out we were sailing with the Hogs (Harley Davidson) on the High Seas Convention. There were 1500 bikers and 300 "other" passengers. Everyone was well behaved and it was a good cruise. The only item that concerned me was they waived the dress code in the dining room for the convention attendees, but not for the rest of us. Even on formal night the most common attire was jeans among the men. Very disappointing for us.

I have since asked the various cruise lines if there is a way to find out in advance of any conventions taking place on a ship prior to booking and/or sailing. The answer is no.

I have been checking carnival's website for availability recently and now it's not there for that date. Does that mean it's sold out? We're on that cruise and I'm concerned they sold to a huge group. I've heard carnival has done that in the past. Could that be true also?

In my reservation system, I can see availablity in most categories.

On the website that I book through, it shows that the balconies, suites and inside guarantees are sold out. There are insides and outsides left on all decks. I noticed that it was no longer listed on the Carnival site and was also wondering why. I have noticed that the prices went up yesterday or today. We have some friends who are still trying to decide if they can go this year. I hope they don't wait too long. My TA told us early on that is may sell out because of the new ship, great ports, and popular departure port.

I just called Carnival, the ship has not sold out. The insides are 828.38pp now, though. WOW!

Archived