Aft cabin for Westbound North Transatlantic

chuly

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in an aft cabin on a Westbound North Transatlantic? Was there more movement there than on midship? We are midship and our friends (their first cruise) are on an aft cabin. Some of their friends are warning them that it will be rough back there for this particular crossing. We have been in aft cabins several times and love them but never on a transatlantic. Your advice and experiences would be appreciated.:)

You don't say when you are going. I've done 2 transatlantic crossings 9albeit to and from the Caribbean to/from Europe). The first, it was like a mill pond all the way, so didn't matter which part of the ship you were in. On the last it varied from choppy, to rough to almost dire at times and aft was worse than midship for movement but better than stern. Lower down rather than top decks also helps. If you get extremely bad weather, it's going to be felt everywhere. (that said if I thought there was a chance of rough weather by preference would be to try for lower decks midship. then higher midship, then aft and upper stern as the last alternative

You don't say when you are going. I've done 2 transatlantic crossings 9albeit to and from the Caribbean to/from Europe). The first, it was like a mill pond all the way, so didn't matter which part of the ship you were in. On the last it varied from choppy, to rough to almost dire at times and aft was worse than midship for movement but better than stern. Lower down rather than top decks also helps. If you get extremely bad weather, it's going to be felt everywhere. (that said if I thought there was a chance of rough weather by preference would be to try for lower decks midship. then higher midship, then aft and upper stern as the last alternative

Thank you very much, I'll pass along the information to our friends.

Archived