What to expect/plan for disembarkation - Victory?

Kat4Carolina

I know each experience varies due to circumstances of each cruise, but I'm wondering which direction we should plan to go.

We have a 1:00 PM flight out of Laguardia which is the earliest Carnival recommends for NYC cruises. We will have large bags but are able to carry them even if it will be a pain for a bit. Would self-debarkation be our best bet? I am worried about our flight if we don't.

Also, I'm assuming transportation to LGA won't be a problem and taxis will be waiting, but correct me if I'm wrong and we need to arrange transportation to LGA.

Thanks so much! 17 days to go....I can't wait!

We just returned from the Victory on 6/23. Debarkation was the worst I've experienced. Make sure you get an early number due to early flight. That might help. There was an immigration snag-they seemed to be looking for someone, which delay leaving the ship for everyone. They were still doing self-assist at 10:30-10:45, although I think those with early flights were able to leave earlier. There were so many people trying to get off the ship because of the delay that the whole deck 3 was jammed with people, pushing and shoving. It was actually a scary situation. I've been on the Victory before and we were off by 9 AM without self assist. I think this was an unusual situation but Carnival did a very poor job of keeping everyone informed.

We were on Victory the week before this and left long after self-assist had been called(we weren't in a hurry). We left at 9:00 and were looking for a cab by 9:20.

Unfortunately, it all depends on US immigration and the other passengers' compliance.

Archived