Pop Up Hamper to Store Toys?

PattyW

Would a pop up hamper be sturdy enough to hold toys? We're taking our almost 2 year old daughter on a cruise next month and I'm looking for a way to keep the toys we bring for her (for the plane and in-cabin time) as organized as possible.

Are you planning on bringing that many toys that you will need a storage area? With how stringent the rules are for airlines, I think bringing something like a hamper is really unnecessary. You could store the toys in your carry on suitcase to keep them from cluttering up the room.

On any vacation we go on with my daughters, ages 4 and 5, I fill their backpacks with a bunch of new, inexpensive toys. I shop for these for a few months before each vacation. Before our last cruise I found a bunch of small Clifford the Big Red Dog toys at the dollar store. Those went into the backpacks along with crayons, coloring books, a small stuffed carebear, a My Little Pony, some books for bedtime and a few other small things. The Clifford toys doubled as water toys. We did not bring any beach toys. My girls were happy enough to play in the sand and just collect seashells. With so much to do on the cruise, we really found that the only time we needed the toys was before breakfast and in the late afternoons. I do know that most libraries on the ships have a few children's books but I did not want to worry about that. I buy new toys so that they are excited about everything they find in the backpacks. I probably spend $20 for each daughter, but the toys do keep them occupied for hours.

• 3 weeks later...

When you get back can you tell us about the centers that RC has on the Splendour for 3 year olds. I think the 3,4,5, and 6 are all together. We are thinking our granddaughter might like some things just for her also. We are going with our sons and daughter-in-laws and 2 grandchildren 2 and 3. The 2 year is too young for the center but the 3 thinks she is in school already since she goes to day care they learn so much.

Our family goes Feb 26 -March 5

When we get back in January, I will post all that we find out about the kids' program on Splendour. I am sure my girls will love it. They really enjoyed our last cruise and I think since they are a year older, they will enjoy this cruise even more.

Archived