Jenny - Calypso review

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your excellent review of the Calypso - the information you've given plus the comparisons with other lines is really helpful. It answers just the kind of questions/concerns I had about the Calypso being a smaller ship. Obviously no worries there! I've been looking at the Black Sea itineraries for quite a while and from your description, think it is now a 'must'.

We're off (today) on a North Cape trip with a different line which is a first for us as we've always been very happy with Thomson and have got value for money, excellent entertainment and a super friendly atmosphere/service on all their ships we've sailed on. I feel like a real traitor - but the deciding factor was the 800+ mile round trip for us to get to Newcastle. This one leaves from Southampton which is just over half-an-hour away. I'd have preferred to be going on the Celebration as I'm not sure I fancy the glitzy style ships - but I'll report back when we return.

Anyway, thanks again for the positive review - I'll look at booking that one before too long.

I'm glad my review was useful!! One thing I forgot to say was that if drying your hair is important to you then take your own hairdryer!!! the one provided is just like a vacuum cleaner hose with the nozzle on the end and wasn't much use really.

Thank you for your good wishes re the house move...still busy packing as you can imagine!

Archived