Spirit Shows

Could any if the cruisers recently returned from Spirit cruise tell me what shows are on the ship this season please- thanks

How about cruisers posting their all time favourite show? I know they are all fabulous, but whats your favourite. I'll start- Moulin Rouge!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, agree Africa, Moulin Rouge and Buddy Holly all excellent but also loved the Bob Fosse one where it was a tribute to Bob Fosse the choreographer. It included some of the best songs/dances from Cabaret, Chicago - I can't remember the other numbers, but the combination of slick choreographry and very good singers made it a really enjoyable show - and what I think the Thomson showteams excel at.

Hi Kruzseeka:) :)

Nothing to do with this particular thread but I just wanted to say thank you for your tip on the trip to Cassis when we stopped at Toulon on our Jewels of the Med cruise last week.

We thought Cassis was absolutely fabulous, the only downside was the coach trip up to the cliffs as neither of us like heights, although once up there the views were amazing. I didn't go too near the edge so I got my other half to take the photos. He's okay once on the ground he didn't like the driving bit up there.

Anyway thanks for your help. We had a great time.

Regards

Smiffy1951

Janet

Hi Janet,

So pleased you enjoyed your trip to Cassis - we thought it was charming. We've just got back today from a cruise with a different company - and I'm now planning my next trip with Thomson!!!!! The Thomson show teams are fantastic - and I'm keen to see their type of entertainment again!

Hi Christine,

NCL - I dare say that the entertainment may appeal to many people - there was more variety in the sense that there were different kinds of acts but we especially enjoy the shows given by the Thomson show team who work so hard and are evident all around the ship. There were no shows of this type all. Also no play like 'Boeing, Boeing,' on sea days which is not everyone's taste, I know - but it's the fact that it's offered and they make the effort to fill the day with something different that impresses me. (I think they do this on their one night off too when they have a comedian guest artist in the evening - how hard they work!)

On our 12 day trip, there were 3 shows given by the NCL showteam which were mainly one song after another with very little limited choreography and no costumes such as we would recognise from Thomson shows like Moulin Rouge, Africa, etc., etc. These shows were repeated the next evening. Other entertainers were an opera singer, a Neil Sedaka style singer, an acrobatic act, dancing duo and a juggling act with two comedian slots. We weren't wildly impressed in the main.

The showteam didn't appear in the nightclub on a regular basis doing a set as in Liberties/High Spirits/ Horizons etc. There was an improvisation group in the cabaret lounge which some people liked a great deal but were not our cup of tea. The band was very good and there was a pianist and solo guitarist too. We missed the classical musicians on Celebration and Spirit and a quiet lounge such as the Explorers where we liked to go late for a nightcap.

There didn't appear to be as much in the way of deck parties either.

I don't want to be controversial and no doubt some would take issue with our opinions - it's just a personal view but we definitely prefer the Thomson entertainment package - by a mile!

We came across this review yesterday which you might find interesting - the reviewer obviously appreciated the Thomson entertainment too. You'll have to scroll down a fair bit to find the entertainment section but we found the whole review very much in line with our opinion - and a good review for Thomson!

http://www.cruiseserver.net/travelpage/ships/th_celebration.asp

Archived