soda card

sajohnston

Can adults buy the soda cards? If so, how much is one and where do I buy one? Does the soda cards for adults cover all the soda one can drink or is there a limit? My fiance is very curious about this. thanks.

Soda cards are about six bucks per day for the length of the cruise... seven day cruise... forty two dollar soda card...

They're good for adults or kids... unlimited but they do watch it as some folks try to pass the cards around to others to beat the cost of buying another card...

We just got back and it was $4 a day for kids and $5.5 for adults? Something like that, the cost for adults was more which I thought odd because it seems that kids would drink more soda, no?

Rmember the soda card covers only the fountain sodas, that they serve in a glass, which are much smaller than cans. It does not cover canned sodas.

Also be sure to ask them what types of soda they have before you pay for the card, to be sure it's worth it for you. Most ships only have cola, diet cola, gingerale, and maybe lemon-lime. I've yet to find a ship that has a non-caffinated type of diet soda. The only diet has been the cola, which I don't drink.

Can adults buy the soda cards? If so, how much is one and where do I buy one? Does the soda cards for adults cover all the soda one can drink or is there a limit? My fiance is very curious about this. thanks.
No anyone can buy one!! The price is based on the length of your cruise and there is no limit as to how many drinks you can drink!! I had one on my last 5 day cruise and it was I think 31 or 35 dollars.

It is all you can drink but one glass at a time. Also it is from the can and not "fountain"...none of the Carnival ships have fountain soda...they just pour from the can into a glass if you have a soda card. It's probably about 3/4 of a can in each glass. My DS gets a soda card everytime and he usually comes out even on the cost...it's more a convienence thing than a cost saving thing.

My DS gets a soda card everytime and he usually comes out even on the cost...it's more a convienence thing than a cost saving thing.

I agree about the convienence thing and I think that we would have saved money not getting one for DS on this last cruise. I told him over and over "you better get some soda!" ;)

Rmember the soda card covers only the fountain sodas, that they serve in a glass, which are much smaller than cans. It does not cover canned sodas.

Also be sure to ask them what types of soda they have before you pay for the card, to be sure it's worth it for you. Most ships only have cola, diet cola, gingerale, and maybe lemon-lime. I've yet to find a ship that has a non-caffinated type of diet soda. The only diet has been the cola, which I don't drink.

The soda is canned.. They give it to you in a glass. It holds almost a full can.. tell them less ice .. You can get go back or get as much as you want.. Its only Coke products.. Coke/Diet Coke Gingerale and some areas had sprite.

So do you suggest buying one once you set sail????

Depends on how much soda you drink.. on an 8 cruise the adult soda card comes to about $60.. If you wait til the next morning.. its one day les (-$6) and 15% on that. no tax... I think it would have been about $10 less. If you wait til sailaway.. you dont pay the tax..which in NYC was about $4

To me, its worth the $60 because I only drink diet coke..:)

Guest carlogesualdo

I seem to remember Royal Caribbean had Dr. Pepper on board. You could buy cans of it. It just wasn't included in the Coke package. Is that possibly the case with Carnival as well?

BTW, does anyone know which brands of bottled water Carnival carries on board?

Don't assume kids drink more Coke. That may be the case in your family, but you should see how much my coworkers drink. Adults could drink your kids into the ground on Cokes alone.

When we were on board the Miracle, the soda was poured from cans. I can't drink caffeine, so I didn't get a card, but hubby did. Still, we noticed someone ordered a Diet Sprite from the bar.

You can always bring your own soda - I brought a 12-pack of caffeine-free Diet Coke.

I always get a card when I cruise. It helps for those times when I try not to spend too much money on the regular drinks.

Yes, do not purchase it while in port... Wait till the ship is about 3 hours out.

Good luck in getting refill on lido deck. The wait people kinda give you dirty looks when you ask them for a refill. I guess they expect you to get off your duff and walk over to the bar. But bar people whether inside or out, will give you as many refills as you want, with no problems or dirty looks. They also carry my favourite, Mr. Pibb.

Can you bring your own glass to get the soda card refills, or can you dump in from their glass to yours and ask for another right away? Just curious.

Thinking for for having in the room then around the pool type thing.

Thanks,

Kari

• 2 months later...

do you get a cup as well to have the soda in? On my past princess cruise and Royal Caribbean they gave coke thermos type things... do we get that with carnival or just a plain ol cup each time?

I gotta keep my collection going! Lol. I think I made princess lose money on this last one.. I made sure to get my monies worth!

Archived