Exciting news for guests on Odyssey's maiden voyage!

Host Dan

This just in from Seabourn's Horizon's e-newsletter!! GREAT NEWS, and alot of fun!! :)

All Maiden Voyage Guests Will Be the Godparents

When Seabourn Odyssey embarks on her maiden voyage on June 24, 2009 in Venice, Italy, all of the guests booked on board will share the honor of naming her. Rather than being christened by a single honorary godparent, as is traditional, Odyssey will have an unprecedented and extended family of godparents, all of whom will participate in the bottle-breaking at the launch ceremony and whose names will be engraved on a plaque to be displayed on board the sleek yacht for the rest of her seagoing life.

Seabourn’s president, Pamela C. Conover, said, “In a very real sense, our guests are the reason this superb vessel is being built. Their patronage and their support are what allow us to create this beautiful craft,” she continued, “and those joining the maiden voyage will become part of Odyssey’s history.”

An early evening ceremony will be timed to coincide with the summer sunset over the domes and steeples of Venice’s skyline. Seabourn Odyssey will then sail from the canals to the lagoon, and onward to a gala 14-day voyage exploring the beauties of the Dalmatian Coast, the Greek Isles and Turkey. A triumphant morning entry into the Golden Horn at Istanbul will provide a thrilling climax to this unforgettable maiden voyage, for which a limited number of suites are still available.

I think that is just about the coolest thing I know of (with respect to cruising). I just wish I had time to be a part of it. Ah, well, thanks to everyone who gets to be a part of history and the christening.

YIKERS~!~!:eek: Should we lady guests need to consult with Phillip Treacy, Master milliner and hatmaker for the "Queen" as to our christening ceremony hats??? I have seen the picture of Miss Pam's elegant chappeau when she attended the Queen Mary2 inaugural ceremony and it was quite a hat!

I suppose we'll receive our "dress instructions".......surely hope so!:confused:

Martita B.

Makes me wish I hadn't cancelled my maiden voyage booking :p

But at those prices, I just couldn't justify the 175% single occupancy rates!! How I wish they had made some 'smaller' cabins at a reasonable rate for us solo travelers that aren't independently wealthy and still have to work to support our cruising habit.

Martita - are you on the June 24th maiden voyage AND the first TA? You MUST send a daily blog for us to live vicariouosly through your experience!!!

Leslie,

JB and I booked the 1st hour the Odyssey Maiden voyage was open

hoping to secure one of the 7, Deck 4 A Cat. Suites (1 suite is at the bow and is a handicapped suite) but NO cigar as Seabourn is holding those 7 Suites back ~~I suppose for media. We then booked 2 A1's next to the A's. And yes, for the solo Sailor, it's very expensive. I have a friend from England who has booked the Odyssey World Cruise, staying in one of the owners suites ~~~I certainly would hate to write that check!:eek:

We're also booked on the Malaga/Ft. Lauderdale TA Maiden Crossing. We're especially looking forward to this voyage. MORE sea days!:p

Martita B.

That's great news. Obviously Seabourn has an 'embarassment of riches' when it comes to accomplished staff.

>"I suppose we'll receive our "dress instructions".......surely hope so!"

I am sure that a woman of your style needs no instructions, dress or otherwise!

Jane

When I lived in San Antonio I throughly enjoyed being a fashion consultant ~~It was easy to dress from "the high plains to the hi-rise" but dressing for the Odyssey christening ceremony, I am at a total loss!:eek:

I'll need to "consult" Blue Lagoon Dr. ~~~

Hope you're feeling much better!:p

Martita B.

Archived